English to Chinese
+ ...
我对中国人的壮举特别振奋,翘首盼望明天神6能够成功返回。 Oct 16, 2005

Mark Xiang wrote:

无疑这是一个了不起的创举,但大陆似乎反应过度,央视连续5、6天实况转播,搞得中小学生都梦想将来能成为航天员。
^_^
Mark

Mark,

我在天天观看中央四台的报道,观察得很细,对中国人的壮举特别振奋,翘首盼望神6明天能够成功返回位于内蒙古四子王旗的主着陆场。内蒙古,我的家乡!我六年多前去过内蒙古四子王旗旅游,当地的旅游业小有名气。

我对中国航天人格外敬佩。他们的智慧和拼搏精神给中国人带来的是自信和自豪,给世人带来的是惊喜和期待,让各种心态的人都明白,对中国采用围堵、封锁、制约、诋毁,或置之不理的策略都行不通了。那些侵略和掠夺过中国的国家总是对中国的崛起感到不舒服。中国人已经真正成为不可忽视的力量,更加懂得国家稳定,人民安康的重要性,并抓住这个千载难逢的机遇向民富国强的方向迈进。我认为,即使中国强大了,也不会威胁或侵略别的国家,因为中国文化注定了中国人平和处理问题,互谅互让解决纠纷的态度,而且最懂得遭受战争,侵略和掠夺的痛苦。我对中国特别放心。

Kevin

[Edited at 2005-10-16 20:04]

Mark Xiang
Mark Xiang
Local time: 18:19
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
现在大陆的中小学生都以航天员为偶像 Oct 16, 2005

这是好事,希望不会是昙花一现。就怕他们过不了多久又去拜星了。^_^

神六成功发射,我也深感骄傲,在此预祝航天员明天凌晨安全返回地面。

Mark

Xu Dongjun
Xu Dongjun  Identity Verified
China
Member (2006)
English to Chinese
祝福中。。。 Oct 16, 2005

安全返回地面。。。

Mark Xiang
Mark Xiang
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
内蒙古四子王旗 Oct 16, 2005

Kevin,

内蒙古大草原太令人向往了,什么时候去逛逛。

为您的家乡做广告啦,开心吧?

HA

Mark

Kevin Yang
Kevin Yang  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:19
Member (2003)
English to Chinese
+ ...
在国外,很少听到内蒙的消息,那里太沉寂了。 Oct 16, 2005

Mark Xiang wrote:

Kevin,

内蒙古大草原太令人向往了,什么时候去逛逛。

为您的家乡做广告啦,开心吧?

HA

Mark

Mark, Stonejohn,

你们好!

开心,开心!在国外,很少听到内蒙的消息,那里太沉寂了。其实我是在呼和浩特长大的,父亲是纯种东北蒙古人,母亲是江苏镇江人。我属于“改良品种”,身上的确具备蒙汉两个民族的优良基因。我去草原只是为了旅游,牧民给我选的马是老马,看来在我身上牧人的生存技能已经完全退化了,但是游荡天涯的游牧习性还是继承了下来。

Kevin

[Edited at 2005-10-16 06:20]

Jianjun Zhang
Jianjun Zhang  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:19
English to Chinese
+ ...
自豪 Oct 16, 2005

Kevin Yang wrote:

我在天天观看中央四台的报道,观察得很细,对中国人的壮举特别振奋,翘首盼望神6明天能够成功返回位于内蒙古四子王旗的回收基地。

我对中国航天人格外敬佩。他们的智慧和拼搏精神给中国人带来的是自信和自豪,给世人带来的是惊喜和期待,让各种心态的人都明白,对中国采用围堵、封锁、制约、诋毁,或置之不理的策略都行不通了。那些侵略和掠夺过中国的国家总是对中国的崛起感到不舒服。中国人已经真正成为不可忽视的力量,更加懂得国家稳定,人民安康的重要性,并抓住这个千载难逢的机遇向民富国强的方向迈进。我认为,即使中国强大了,也不会威胁或侵略别的国家,因为中国文化注定了中国人平和处理问题,互谅互让解决纠纷的态度,而且最懂得遭受战争,侵略和掠夺的痛苦。我对中国特别放心。
Kevin

中国向来是中庸之国、礼仪之邦。从古至今都没有侵略到其他国家进行烧杀抢掠。我想,每一位海外赤子,都会为祖国的强盛而感到自豪。

我们感觉自豪、振奋的事情,在某些人那里就成了眼中钉、肉中刺。同一个事件,在CNN的报道里面就充满了轻蔑和讽刺。这篇报道自始至终用这样的口气来平淡地叙述,最后甚至说,我们不过是从俄罗斯那里搞来技术,修改了利用,却说是技术全是自己的。

这篇报道的作者看来不懂得历史,也不懂得中国人顽强拼搏的精神。我们不否认中国有着各种令人不快的现象,这其实也正如许多其他国家一样。然而,对于这样的创举,谁不会感到兴奋呢?

Shang
Shang
China
English to Chinese
用平常心看待这件事 Oct 16, 2005

Mark Xiang wrote:

^_^
Mark

依样画葫芦没有什么了不起的,别把这件事儿看得多么伟大,第一个吃螃蟹的人才让人佩服。这不过是面子罢了,它既不能让咱们在外国人(比如“小日本”)面前挺直腰杆说不,不能让我们生活得更好一些,不能让无数生活在极度贫困中的农民兄弟摆脱困境,不能让大批失业人士某到生计,更不能让许许多多交不起学费的儿童重返校园。大家还得重复昨天的故事。自己该干嘛干嘛。

[Edited at 2005-10-16 07:19]

Han Li
Han Li  Identity Verified
China
English to Chinese
+ ...
激动人心,扬眉吐气 Oct 16, 2005

请看Nature上一则消息
http://www.nature.com/news/2005/051010/full/051010-10.html

Mark Xiang
Mark Xiang
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
大家要有耐心和信心 Oct 16, 2005

Shang wrote:

Mark Xiang wrote:

^_^
Mark

依样画葫芦没有什么了不起的,别把这件事儿看得多么伟大,第一个吃螃蟹的人才让人佩服。这不过是面子罢了,它既不能让咱们在外国人(比如“小日本”)面前挺直腰杆说不,不能让我们生活得更好一些,不能让无数生活在极度贫困中的农民兄弟摆脱困境,不能让大批失业人士某到生计,更不能让许许多多交不起学费的儿童重返校园。大家还得重复昨天的故事。自己该干嘛干嘛。

Shang:

多谢发表意见。在此谨借您的看法说点本题之外的话,不当之处请批评指正。^_^

什么事都需要有一个过程,问题不是一天之间形成的,也不会在一天之内消失、解决。大家都看到了目前存在的许多弊端,这一点看看网上的论坛就知道了。但客观地讲,现时比起25年前不是有了一个翻天复地的变化,一个飞跃?

以现在这样的速度推进社会变革就已产生许多不良反应与后果,如果是以革命的剧烈方式来走这条改革之路,普罗大众所要经受的磨难恐怕远不只这些了。

纵向看看历史,横向看看国外其它国家的变革之路,包括和平的与非和平的,还真有值得我们琢磨的地方。

MARK

Kevin Yang
Member (2003)
English to Chinese
+ ...
中国的确存在着你说的那些现实问题。 Oct 16, 2005

Shang wrote:

Shang,

你的观点很实际。中国的确存在着你说的那些现实问题。大户人家的确有大户人家的难啊! 我自费出国20年了(注意:我强调我是自费出来学文科的),对国内的了解主要是靠官方的报道,对于不报道或报道不多的问题,了解甚少。但是总的印象是,老百姓的总体生活质量还是有所提升的。我还听说南京有人花数万人民币订购一桌年夜饭,对我这种省吃俭用的人来说,那简直是天文数字了。

你知道吗?美国也一直没有完全摆脱这类问题的困扰。美国政府对农场的补贴不到位,“农民”被农业债务压弯了腰。有报道揭露白人农场主容易获得贷款,而有色人种却受到贷款机构的刁难,常因信用问题为理由而拒之门外。我所在的美国俄勒冈州,连续两年失业率为百分之为8.5以上,创历史新高。领救济和生活在贫困线以下的人比比皆是。我开车进城,常会路过一个教堂,那里的景象让我感受颇深。这个教堂为无家可归的人提供免费晚餐和夜宿服务。每天从下午4,5点钟开始,排队等候的人可长达四、五个街区。因为床位有限,床位分配完毕后,就不再接待访客。那些没有入住的人就需要另谋出路去找睡觉的地方。大桥的下面成了这些人的临时居所。天气渐渐转凉了,看到他们露天夜宿,心里很不是滋味。美国的教育经费不足是现在让国民担忧的一个重要问题,学校关闭,教师裁员,课余项目停止执行,小学生下午三点放学后无人看管,家长要自己想办法安排专人接孩子或陪孩子,直至家长下班回家。

我说了这些,是想说明上述社会问题在发展中国家存在,在发达国家也存在,可能程度不一,但是不可能完全杜绝。目前政府花大钱发展太空科技,从表面上看,似乎只是一个形象工程,似乎是勒紧裤带从事与老百姓的实际生活无关的太空科技。但是,从宏观的角度看,我认为这项举措有助于提升中国在世界的形象,提升中国的地位,并让中国人,乃至中国产品,受到应有的尊重。外国人对中国人不尊重和偏见,甚至鄙视,历来已久,是历史原因造成的。为了洗刷那种刻板印象,让世人在看到中国人和买到中国产品时,都有一种不带丝毫阴影的敬慕心情,对于中国走向世界来说,实在太及时和太重要了。历史告诉我们,落后就挨打,财大就气粗,科技先进就令人刮目相看。依我看,即使是重复他人的发明或技术,能以一个发展中的国家,跻身世界第三完成载人太空飞行,我已经感到知足了。

Kevin

[Edited at 2005-10-16 22:08]

ysun
ysun  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 05:19
English to Chinese
+ ...
值得世界各地华人为之感到自豪 Oct 16, 2005

强大的中国是海外华人的坚强靠山。

chica nueva
chica nueva
Local time: 22:19
Chinese to English
Oct 16, 2005

[Edited at 2005-10-24 00:46]

Kevin Yang
Member (2003)
English to Chinese
+ ...
I am speaking from my observations of living abroad for 20 years. Oct 17, 2005

Lesley McLachlan wrote:

外国人对中国人不尊重和偏见,甚至鄙视,历来已久,是历史原因造成的.

what is the point of this kind of talk? where does it come from? 说明什么?是国内宣传的后果吗?我看没必要.各个民族都差不多嘛.社会阶层之间的不尊重不更值得注意吗?中国不是殖民地,中国人站了起来了的,中国人到处受尊重...

[Edited at 2005-10-17 01:32]

Lesley,

I hope you could fully understand my messages posted above in Chinese. If you did, I would be very impressed. From your questions posted above, I noticed the differences between you and me in looking at the significance of Shenzhou 6, the 2nd manned space mission of China.

In my opinion, such research and investment are very much necessary for China, because the Chinese people went a long way to gain the fair recognition and to be treated with dignity in the world. They understand very well that one of their many solutions to achieve such goal is to be advanced in science and technology again.

You were asking "the point of this kind of talk." If you understand how the Chinese people were treated by the foreign invaders in the last couple centuries or the Chinese immigrants were treated throughout the world, you would be able to understand why this is so important to them. To this date, the situation has been improved tremendously as you noticed. But the pain and humiliation caused by the foreign invasions and robberies are still remained in me and many other Chinese people like me. I am so pleased to learn that your picture about the Chinese has been so rosy. I sincerely wish there are more people like you in the world.

For many Chinese people, this is a delayed pride, and it is very important to be treated fairly and respected by the people in the world. China as well as the Chinese people still deal with various bias, prejudice, misunderstanding, and mistrust in the world. Let's face it and deal with it. You wondered if that was the Chinese propaganda, I can tell you I am speaking from my observations of living abroad for 20 years. My question to you is, if you would call it a propaganda, which part of it could be untrue to you? As a foreigner yourself, it is perhaps difficult to understand how the Chinese people feel. But it should not be that hard.

Indeed, China and the Chinese people have many problems in their plates. You mentioned that you believed "the disrespect between the social classes" in China is more important. In my opinion, that is only one of many domestic issues. Because China plans to be the world factory, it is more important for them to prove to the world their capability, and gain the due respect to their brand new image and to rise peacefully.

You said "the Chinese people have been respected everywhere." I do not know how you draw that conclusion. I found several great articles about the Chinese immigrants treated in the past and nowadays in New Zealand. If you are interested, I can email the links to you. I do not think this is a place to further discuss such subjects.

Cheers!

Kevin

[Edited at 2005-10-17 04:44]

redred
redred  Identity Verified
China
English to Chinese
+ ...
网上电视 Oct 16, 2005

http://www.cctv.com/prime/zxzb/cctv9.html

Pages in topic:   [1 2 3 4 5 6 7] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

神六上天,国外尤其是海外华人反应如何?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »