Masahiro Imafuji
Masahiro Imafuji  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 13:07
Member (2007)
English to Japanese
+ ...
Sep 4, 2007

Hi. I posted the same topic under Wordfast support in Technical forums. But this forum seems right to post this too.

I recentrly downloaded Wordfast and the placeable function works beautifully when translating English to Japanese but not Japanese to English. I use Windows XP.

Is this normal or should I do something to use the function?

Wordfastを使っているのですが、日本語から英語の翻訳をする際、Placeableファン�
... See more
Hi. I posted the same topic under Wordfast support in Technical forums. But this forum seems right to post this too.

I recentrly downloaded Wordfast and the placeable function works beautifully when translating English to Japanese but not Japanese to English. I use Windows XP.

Is this normal or should I do something to use the function?

Wordfastを使っているのですが、日本語から英語の翻訳をする際、Placeableファンクションがうまく機能しません。英語から日本語ではうまく機能します。ちなみにWindows XPです。

これは普通なのでしょうか、それともPlaceableファンクションを使うために何か特別な設定をしなければならないのでしょうか?

Hiro
Collapse

Nobuo Kameyama
Nobuo Kameyama  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 02:07
English to Japanese
Wordfastに関して日本の第一人者・山田聡さん Sep 4, 2007

Imafujiさん、初めまして。

ImafujiさんのWordfastに関する問い合わせは私にも分からないのですが、他に誰からも回答がない場合、Wordfastに関しては日本では第一人者の山田聡さんに直接問い合わせすると良いと思います。山田さんのウェブサイトは以下のとおりです。
http://www.trustwords.com/wf/
... See more
Imafujiさん、初めまして。

ImafujiさんのWordfastに関する問い合わせは私にも分からないのですが、他に誰からも回答がない場合、Wordfastに関しては日本では第一人者の山田聡さんに直接問い合わせすると良いと思います。山田さんのウェブサイトは以下のとおりです。
http://www.trustwords.com/wf/

また、私はサムライというペンネームで「教育の原点を考える」というブログを立ち上げており、そのブログに2年ほど前Wordfastに関する記事を書いたことがあります。山田さんの掲示板に投稿した私の文章も転載してあります。参考になれば幸いです。
http://pro.cocolog-tcom.com/edu/2005/07/wordfast.html
Collapse

Masahiro Imafuji
Masahiro Imafuji  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 13:07
Member (2007)
English to Japanese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
ありがとうございました。 Sep 5, 2007

Kameyamaさん、

情報ありがとうございました。

今まだWordfastと戦っています。 ^^

色々とやっているのですが、どうも・・・

これからまた挑戦です。またここで報告させてもらいます。

ありがとうございました。

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Takeshi MIYAHARA[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast: Placeable function on Japanese Glossary

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »