Is there a standard dummy text for Japanese?
Thread poster: language link B
language link B
language link B
Local time: 22:14
English to German
+ ...
May 9, 2012

Instead of using lorem ipsum as dummy text in design projects, is there a Japanese equivalent?

If there is a standard Japanese dummy text, where can I find it?

Matthew Olson
Matthew Olson
Japan
Local time: 06:14
Japanese to English
Not that I know of May 10, 2012

Not that I'm the most knowledgeable translator around here, but I've never seen such. Usual practice seems to be to just use the same random phrase, such as the company slogan, over and over again, or even just to basically write "this is dummy text" in Japanese.

Of course, if anyone knows better I'd be happy to be corrected.

Tomoyuki Kono
Tomoyuki Kono  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2010)
English to Japanese
+ ...
There is no standard text but there are text generators available. May 10, 2012

There is no Japanese equivalent of the famous 'lorem ipsum…' text. However, I have found a generator, which you might find useful.

http://lipsum.sugutsukaeru.jp/index.cgi

Note that the generated text is not meaningless so there is a possibility that one might become distracted by the content, which is not very desirable from a design point of view.

Tomo

language link B
language link B
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks May 10, 2012

thanks for the advice

[Edited at 2012-05-10 08:34 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Takeshi MIYAHARA[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is there a standard dummy text for Japanese?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »