NAATI翻訳試験で使える電子辞書/Electronic dictionaries for NAATI exam
Thread poster: mkuiper
Apr 7, 2012

Hi everyone,

I am planning to sit the NAATI translator exam (English to Japanese) at Professional Level in a couple of months time (I live in Queensland, Australia).

I have been considering of buying an electronic dictionary for the exam and emailed NAATI National office about a number of models. So far they have all been rejected. For the Casio models, the reason was that they both have Word Register (words can be stored to be retrieved at a later time). These ar
... See more
Hi everyone,

I am planning to sit the NAATI translator exam (English to Japanese) at Professional Level in a couple of months time (I live in Queensland, Australia).

I have been considering of buying an electronic dictionary for the exam and emailed NAATI National office about a number of models. So far they have all been rejected. For the Casio models, the reason was that they both have Word Register (words can be stored to be retrieved at a later time). These are the models I have been rejected so far.

Seiko SR-G10001
Casio XD-D10000
Casio XD-D9800

Just wondering if anyone has recently sat the NAATI translator exam (English to Japanese/Japanese to English) and used a Seiko or Casio electronic dictionary? If so, are you able to tell me which model?

Both NAATI National and Queensland offices suggested that I take the dictionary that I want to use in the exam to Queensland office to be checked, but I don't really want to buy one until I know that I can use it in the exam.

Thank you for your help.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Takeshi MIYAHARA[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

NAATI翻訳試験で使える電子辞書/Electronic dictionaries for NAATI exam

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »