Sample translation outsourcing contract in Japanese?
Thread poster: gyoliver
gyoliver
gyoliver
Local time: 05:22
Japanese to English
Feb 1, 2009

Does anyone know of a site which provides a sample of a contract in Japanese that a translation outsourcer would use to hire a freelance translator? I just recently started translating and the outsourcer I work for hasn't supplied a contract, instead asking me to provide him with one. He has paid me (at the agreed price, which I'm finding is too low), but I naturally feel the need to have some sort of document that specifies the terms of the services I provide.

He did send me a
... See more
Does anyone know of a site which provides a sample of a contract in Japanese that a translation outsourcer would use to hire a freelance translator? I just recently started translating and the outsourcer I work for hasn't supplied a contract, instead asking me to provide him with one. He has paid me (at the agreed price, which I'm finding is too low), but I naturally feel the need to have some sort of document that specifies the terms of the services I provide.

He did send me a sample contract, which has a good measure of legalese. So, alternatively, if anyone is willing to take a brief look at it, I'd be very grateful.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Takeshi MIYAHARA[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Sample translation outsourcing contract in Japanese?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »