Thread poster: Madeleine MacRae Klintebo
Madeleine MacRae Klintebo
Madeleine MacRae Klintebo  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:56
Swedish to English
+ ...
Aug 3, 2013

My mobile is now out of contract and I'm considering buying SIM only plan. Problem is that I've thought about moving to Cornwall in the autumn and coverage there might be even worse there than here in north London. If I sign up for at least 12 month, I'd like to know that the mobile operator can give me something resembling a decent service.

I'm currently with Vodafone and their coverage map shows quite a few blank areas in Cornwall - particularly on the Lizard peninsula which is wh
... See more
My mobile is now out of contract and I'm considering buying SIM only plan. Problem is that I've thought about moving to Cornwall in the autumn and coverage there might be even worse there than here in north London. If I sign up for at least 12 month, I'd like to know that the mobile operator can give me something resembling a decent service.

I'm currently with Vodafone and their coverage map shows quite a few blank areas in Cornwall - particularly on the Lizard peninsula which is where I'd like to move if possible.

I am interested in hearing from colleagues in Cornwall about their experience with different networks.
Collapse

Ty Kendall
Ty Kendall  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Hebrew to English
I'd wait till you get there Aug 3, 2013

And see what other people have and how good their coverage is, that's the only fool proof way of knowing for sure.

I used to be on Vodafone but switched to O2 for better coverage but it ended up worse, then I went to Orange and finally back to Vodafone.

I haven't found that one network is vastly better than another, coverage-wise, that's why I'd advocate the "wait and see" option.

I'm not fortunate enough to be in Cornwall but I am in a rather rural locatio
... See more
And see what other people have and how good their coverage is, that's the only fool proof way of knowing for sure.

I used to be on Vodafone but switched to O2 for better coverage but it ended up worse, then I went to Orange and finally back to Vodafone.

I haven't found that one network is vastly better than another, coverage-wise, that's why I'd advocate the "wait and see" option.

I'm not fortunate enough to be in Cornwall but I am in a rather rural location and my Vodafone signal is lousy even though their coverage map says I should have great signal!
Collapse

Russell Jones
Russell Jones  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Italian to English
Patchy Aug 3, 2013

Hi Madeleine

In case you haven't seen it, this site links to all the coverage maps. It looks as though you need to pick a precise location to be sure, especially in the South and East of the peninsula.

http://www.uk-mobile-broadband-deals.com/coverage.php?gclid=CLXPsqru4bgCFY7LtAodA3AA9w

Given that T-mobile and O
... See more
Hi Madeleine

In case you haven't seen it, this site links to all the coverage maps. It looks as though you need to pick a precise location to be sure, especially in the South and East of the peninsula.

http://www.uk-mobile-broadband-deals.com/coverage.php?gclid=CLXPsqru4bgCFY7LtAodA3AA9w

Given that T-mobile and Orange have now merged into EE, that's probably what I would gamble on, in the absence of local knowledge.

[Edited at 2013-08-03 18:17 GMT]
Collapse

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Mobile coverage in Cornwall?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »