Workbench won't load my wps-files
Autor wątku: lisevs
lisevs
lisevs
Local time: 06:51
Jun 27, 2006

Hi,

all of a sudden I can't load (some of) my project setting files which I have been working with for a couple of years without any problems.

Trados says:
50010 Fehler im Dateiformat [ProjectSettings]
- the german help file on this problem says:

"Prüfen Sie Inhalt und Syntax der WFS-/WPS-Datei. Sie müssen dem Translator's Workbench-Format für diesen Dateityp entsprechen."

How do I do that?

Does anyone have
... See more
Hi,

all of a sudden I can't load (some of) my project setting files which I have been working with for a couple of years without any problems.

Trados says:
50010 Fehler im Dateiformat [ProjectSettings]
- the german help file on this problem says:

"Prüfen Sie Inhalt und Syntax der WFS-/WPS-Datei. Sie müssen dem Translator's Workbench-Format für diesen Dateityp entsprechen."

How do I do that?

Does anyone have a suggestion what to do?

Some time ago I updated my Trados to 7.0 - maybe that caused the problem?

Or maybe it's just the heat (27°C in my office since 3 days...)

Thanks in advance for any good advice

Lise

[Edited at 2006-06-27 15:22]
Collapse

Fernando Toledo
Fernando Toledo  Identity Verified
Hiszpania
niemiecki > hiszpański
A workaround Jun 27, 2006

Make a new project setting, save it then open it with a text editor (notepad or so) and compare it to the one that you can not open.

Regards

lisevs
lisevs
NOWY TEMAT
no difference Jun 27, 2006

Hi Fernando,

thanks for your suggestion.

Make a new project setting, save it then open it with a text editor (notepad or so) and compare it to the one that you can not open.

I just tried that. I opened a "good" settings file in word editor and compared it to the one I can't open, but I can't notice any difference - they look exactly the same.

But this way I can at least restore the settings and make a new file that works.

Fernando Toledo
Fernando Toledo  Identity Verified
Hiszpania
niemiecki > hiszpański
Or copy&replace Jun 27, 2006

Lise Smidth wrote:

Hi Fernando,

thanks for your suggestion.

I just tried that. I opened a "good" settings file in word editor and compared it to the one I can't open, but I can't notice any difference - they look exactly the same.

But this way I can at least restore the settings and make a new file that works.

the contents of the "bad" file into the good one.. maybe...

Or try with a "good" editor like Ultraedit.

Good Look!

[Bearbeitet am 2006-06-27 16:26]

lisevs
lisevs
NOWY TEMAT
Again :( Jul 19, 2006

The same problem occured again - only this time I tried to load project settings that I had saved from the word bench only last week, so I see absolutely no reason why anything should not be ok with that file...

Really annoying

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Workbench won't load my wps-files

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »