Thread poster: Andries Conradie
Andries Conradie
Andries Conradie  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:27
Member (2008)
German to English
+ ...
Oct 15, 2023

I am in another country and cannot use my PC with my backup Studio versions 2017 and 2015. I started getting error messages using Studio 2021 on my new laptop, something about "scripts", then "fragments" and then "TM window not showing"...then eventually "faulty/unstable installation". Normally, I immediately switch to an older Studio version in order to complete my project, but I am abroad with only my laptop. So, I tried repair a couple of times, then deactivation in order to install afresh. I... See more
I am in another country and cannot use my PC with my backup Studio versions 2017 and 2015. I started getting error messages using Studio 2021 on my new laptop, something about "scripts", then "fragments" and then "TM window not showing"...then eventually "faulty/unstable installation". Normally, I immediately switch to an older Studio version in order to complete my project, but I am abroad with only my laptop. So, I tried repair a couple of times, then deactivation in order to install afresh. I did something wrong becauuse the error message "higher version still active" keeps appearing. I followed the tips about manually deleting Studio, but with no avail. I am now left with the trial version of Studio 2022 which I cannot use because it keeps asking me for my license. So, I am left with the trial version of Sudio 2019 without my license key because it is on my PC thousands of miles away.... Can somone help me, please! Kind regards Andries ConradieCollapse

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 13:27
English to Russian
Trial version Oct 15, 2023

Did you try to install a higher or a lower version of Trados 2022?
I am not sure though if it would work, but still you can try.
If your version is not SR1, try SR1 now: https://downloadcentercdn.sdl.com/TP/Trados/T2022/Studio/CUs/CU8/TradosStudio2022_SR1_CU8_17828.zip
If your version is Trados 2022 SR1, try the non-SR
... See more
Did you try to install a higher or a lower version of Trados 2022?
I am not sure though if it would work, but still you can try.
If your version is not SR1, try SR1 now: https://downloadcentercdn.sdl.com/TP/Trados/T2022/Studio/CUs/CU8/TradosStudio2022_SR1_CU8_17828.zip
If your version is Trados 2022 SR1, try the non-SR1 version: https://downloadcentercdn.sdl.com/TP/Trados/T2022/Studio/CUs/CU6/TradosStudio2022_CU6_14902.zip
In theory, they are two different programs as if they were two different versions (like 2015 and 2017). Probably they would have different trial period count.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Higher version of Studio 2021 blocks new installation

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »