Marina Meier
Marina Meier  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 10:10
English to Spanish
+ ...
Oct 4, 2023

Hello everybody:

I work in banking and our organisation produces many regulatory documents in Workiva, and my team is tasked with translating those documents. At the moment, we need to export Workiva content to Word to translate in Trados Studio, and then import translated content to Workiva, which is time-consuming and involves manual labour.

Is there a different/easier way of integrating these two tools? Any plans from Trados to support/be compatible with Workiva? Our
... See more
Hello everybody:

I work in banking and our organisation produces many regulatory documents in Workiva, and my team is tasked with translating those documents. At the moment, we need to export Workiva content to Word to translate in Trados Studio, and then import translated content to Workiva, which is time-consuming and involves manual labour.

Is there a different/easier way of integrating these two tools? Any plans from Trados to support/be compatible with Workiva? Our understanding is that Workiva is becoming popular among banks.

Thanks for your help, Marina
Collapse

Xanthippe
Xanthippe
France
Local time: 11:10
Member (2008)
Italian to French
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
File extention Oct 4, 2023

What file extension do your files have?

Marina Meier
United Kingdom
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Workiva Oct 4, 2023

Workiva is a cloud platform. As far as I know, it can export content in Word, Excel, PDF, InDesign and XHTML.

Xanthippe

Xanthippe
Xanthippe
France
Member (2008)
Italian to French
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Simple Oct 4, 2023

Marina Meier wrote:

Workiva is a cloud platform. As far as I know, it can export content in Word, Excel, PDF, InDesign and XHTML.

Just process the output fils - Word, for exemple, in Trados

EDITED because I’ve read again your question.

At the moment - October 2023 - Trados doesn’t have any plug-in or API for Workiva, so, I’m sorry for you but I don’t see any solution.

[Modifié le 2023-10-04 14:02 GMT]

expressisverbis

Marina Meier
United Kingdom
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Yes, that is what we do now Oct 4, 2023

Yes, that is what we do now, but we encounter problems when importing translated content back into Workiva, which we find time-consuming and labour-intensive. We are wondering if there is a different/better way of working with Workiva.

Marina Meier
United Kingdom
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Hopefully it is in the works Oct 4, 2023

Xanthippe wrote:

Marina Meier wrote:

Just process the output fils - Word, for exemple, in Trados

EDITED because I’ve read again your question.

At the moment - October 2023 - Trados doesn’t have any plug-in or API for Workiva, so, I’m sorry for you but I don’t see any solution.

[Modifié le 2023-10-04 14:02 GMT]

Hopefully it is in the works, as the tool is becoming more popular among financial institutions.

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 12:10
English to Russian
Try RWS Community Oct 4, 2023

Update: Oops... I see you have already posted it there.
============
Marina Meier wrote:
Hopefully it is in the works, as the tool is becoming more popular among financial institutions.
You can suggest this idea directly to RWS developers using this link:
https://community.rws.com/ideas/trados-portfolio-ideas/i/trados-studio/create

Also you can ask a question if anything exists to resolve your issue.
Use this link to create a post: https://community.rws.com/product-groups/trados-portfolio/trados-studio/f/studio/p/addpost

If you are not registered yet, do it. You don't have to pay for that or even have a private-use product as a prerequisite. If you use your corporate edition, it is ok too.

[Edited at 2023-10-04 15:12 GMT]

expressisverbis

Marina Meier
United Kingdom
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks Oct 4, 2023

Stepan Konev wrote:

You can suggest this idea directly to RWS developers using this link:
https://community.rws.com/ideas/trados-portfolio-ideas/i/trados-studio/create

Thank you. I posted a suggestion there.

Stepan Konev
expressisverbis

Aurélien ARPAZ
Aurélien ARPAZ
German to French
+ ...
Workiva Support Oct 4, 2023

Marina Meier wrote:

At the moment, we need to export Workiva content to Word to translate in Trados Studio, and then import translated content to Workiva, which is time-consuming and involves manual labour.

Hello Marina,

Unless I'm mistaken, or we're not talking about the same thing, Workiva has its own localisation/translation system:

https://support.workiva.com/hc/en-us/articles/360052100232-Translate-text-and-documents

I'm not familiar with the application, but it seems to answer your question directly.

Marina Meier
United Kingdom
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
We don't use that feature Oct 4, 2023

Aurélien ARPAZ wrote:

Hello Marina,

Unless I'm mistaken, or we're not talking about the same thing, Workiva has its own localisation/translation system:

We don't use that machine translation feature, as it has limitations and the quality is not fit for purpose.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Studio + Workiva

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »