Connecting to Trados Studio 2019 using Python
Thread poster: jonlee
jonlee
jonlee
Japan
Sep 28, 2023

Hi everyone.

Does anyone know if it is possible to connect to Trados Studio 2019 using Python?

It looks like this used to be possible with Trados Workbench (according to the instructions provided in the SDL Trados 2007 Desktop SDK), but there doesn't seem to be any information online regarding whether this is still possible with later versions of Trados Studio (particularly 2019 in my case).

The current Trados Studio API documentation seems to focus on buil
... See more
Hi everyone.

Does anyone know if it is possible to connect to Trados Studio 2019 using Python?

It looks like this used to be possible with Trados Workbench (according to the instructions provided in the SDL Trados 2007 Desktop SDK), but there doesn't seem to be any information online regarding whether this is still possible with later versions of Trados Studio (particularly 2019 in my case).

The current Trados Studio API documentation seems to focus on building internal plug-ins for Trados Studio rather than connecting to a running instance of Trados studio from separate code.

Specifically, I am interested in getting Trados Studio to calculate a matching rate between two Word documents.

I'm new to Trados Studio so any help regarding this would be greatly appreciated.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Connecting to Trados Studio 2019 using Python

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »