How do I completely uninstall Trados Studios?
Thread poster: Jermaine Delos Santos
Jermaine Delos Santos
Jermaine Delos Santos  Identity Verified
English to Tagalog
+ ...
Sep 20, 2023

So, I appear to be having a technical issue with Trados Studios 2022, which is prompting me to do an uninstall for reinstallation.

Are there steps I should take to ensure that all remnants of the program are removed from the system for the installation of possibly an earlier version of the app?

Lingua 5B
Lingua 5B  Identity Verified
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Local time: 08:01
Member (2009)
English to Croatian
+ ...
Uninstall Sep 20, 2023

Control panel > Programs > Trados, right click on it > Uninstall

Jermaine Delos Santos

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 09:01
English to Russian
Return your license before you uninstall Tardos Sep 21, 2023

Do not do this before you return the license. If you uninstall Trados along with your license you will have to request RWS support to reset the license for you.
To return your license, click the Help tab > Product Activation > Deactivate. Once you are done with that, feel free to uninstall Trados.

Lingua 5B
Xanthippe
expressisverbis

Lingua 5B
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Member (2009)
English to Croatian
+ ...
True but Sep 21, 2023

Stepan Konev wrote:

Do not do this before you return the license. If you uninstall Trados along with your license you will have to request RWS support to reset the license for you.
To return your license, click the Help tab > Product Activation > Deactivate. Once you are done with that, feel free to uninstall Trados.

The OP didn’t mention a second/new machine. The 2022 always says, before uninstalling, “If you are un/reinstalling on the same machine, you do not need to return the license”. I did it a couple of times, got that notice and proceeded accordingly.

[Edited at 2023-09-21 00:34 GMT]

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 09:01
English to Russian
Just to be on the safe side Sep 21, 2023

Sometimes bad things just happen

Wolfgang Schoene
Lingua 5B
expressisverbis

Iman Tahanan
Iman Tahanan
Local time: 10:01
English to Persian (Farsi)
+ ...
YourUninstaller Sep 21, 2023

I have been using YourUninstaller and it has always done the job regarding your issue.

Lingua 5B
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Member (2009)
English to Croatian
+ ...
Yeah Sep 21, 2023

Stepan Konev wrote:

Sometimes bad things just happen

You referenced 2021, while here we are talking about the 2022. But the safe side makes sense.

Aurélien ARPAZ
Aurélien ARPAZ
German to French
+ ...
Revo Uninstaller Sep 21, 2023

Jermaine Delos Santos wrote:
Are there steps I should take to ensure that all remnants of the program are removed from the system for the installation of possibly an earlier version of the app?

Hello,

To be sure of getting back to a clean situation, I advise you to use Revo Uninstaller (the free version is all you need here) and don't forget to run the scan after the current uninstall.

https://www.revouninstaller.com/revo-uninstaller-free-download/

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How do I completely uninstall Trados Studios?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »