Trados error import: Part of the path could not be found / Ein Teil des Pfades konnte nicht gefunden
Thread poster: cengolio
cengolio
cengolio
Germany
Local time: 13:31
English to German
+ ...
Sep 12, 2023

I am currently doing a translation from French into German and have the problem that two Word files cannot be exported. They are already completely translated. With the other two Word documents the export works without problems. The Word files that cannot be exported have the extension .doc, the ones that do work have .docx.

Is there any way to fix the problem and/or how to at least save the content of the target segments in some way?

Here again the exact error message
... See more
I am currently doing a translation from French into German and have the problem that two Word files cannot be exported. They are already completely translated. With the other two Word documents the export works without problems. The Word files that cannot be exported have the extension .doc, the ones that do work have .docx.

Is there any way to fix the problem and/or how to at least save the content of the target segments in some way?

Here again the exact error message: Ein Teil des Pfades "C:\Users\Praktikantin\AppData\Local\Temp\SDLTempFileManager\c5z4cee5.35f\word\document.xml
Collapse

expressisverbis
expressisverbis
Portugal
Local time: 12:31
Member (2015)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
I'm not sure if I got it well, but Sep 12, 2023

have you tried to save the 2 .doc files with .docx extension?
What version of Trados Studio are you using?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados error import: Part of the path could not be found / Ein Teil des Pfades konnte nicht gefunden

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »