It's been a lot. Now I can't reinstall Trados on the new computer...
Thread poster: Veronica Coquard
Veronica Coquard
Veronica Coquard
France
Local time: 12:32
French to English
+ ...
Sep 1, 2023

Hi everyone,

I've been through a lot since last week when I asked for help. It turned out my processor was corrupted, and I've had to accept losing six years of data and having to repurchase many of my applications... So yeah, its been a lot.

On the bright side, I managed to uninstall Trados 2017 from that computer before it died, and the license is available to me on the RWS site. However, when I try to install it and Multiterm, I get the following message:

... See more
Hi everyone,

I've been through a lot since last week when I asked for help. It turned out my processor was corrupted, and I've had to accept losing six years of data and having to repurchase many of my applications... So yeah, its been a lot.

On the bright side, I managed to uninstall Trados 2017 from that computer before it died, and the license is available to me on the RWS site. However, when I try to install it and Multiterm, I get the following message:

'Microsoft Visual C++ Redistribuable SP1' could not be installed. Error number: -107374077

Does anyone here have any idea what I could do to fix this? Thanks in advance.
Collapse

Philippe Noth
Philippe Noth  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Member (2015)
German to French
+ ...
Error number Sep 1, 2023

Veronica Coquard wrote:

'Microsoft Visual C++ Redistribuable SP1' could not be installed. Error number: -107374077

Are you sure about the number? I always find many hits – and sometimes solutions – when searching for error messages or numbers to troubleshoot IT issues. But not in this case.

Philippe

Philippe Noth
Philippe Noth  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Member (2015)
German to French
+ ...
SDL solution (from 6 years ago 🙂) Sep 1, 2023

Veronica Coquard wrote:

Hi everyone,

Does anyone here have any idea what I could do to fix this? Thanks in advance.

The final "7" was apparently truncated. Can you try what SDL suggested in a similar situation?

Philippe

Veronica Coquard
Veronica Coquard
France
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Links have expired Sep 1, 2023

Philippe Noth wrote:

The final "7" was apparently truncated. Can you try what SDL suggested in a similar situation?

Philippe

Thank you for your reply, Philippe. I tried both the solutions on that page, but the links appear to have expired. Any other ideas? TIA.

Aurélien ARPAZ
Aurélien ARPAZ
German to French
+ ...
Download the right Visual C++ redistribuable Sep 2, 2023

Veronica Coquard wrote:

Does anyone here have any idea what I could do to fix this?

Hello Veronica,

If this is the only problem, install the redistribuable yourself and then install Trados. You can find what you need on the MS site :

https://learn.microsoft.com/fr-fr/cpp/windows/latest-supported-vc-redist?view=msvc-170

What seems odd though is that the Studio installer should suggest downloading the missing Redistribuable? So it may be more a Windows problem than an SDL one.

[Modifié le 2023-09-02 09:17 GMT]

Angie Garbarino
Angie Garbarino  Identity Verified
Member (2003)
French to Italian
+ ...
Contact support Sep 2, 2023

I suggest you to contact SDL support, they are often useful
Hope this helps

Veronica Coquard

Veronica Coquard
Veronica Coquard
France
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Conclusion Sep 5, 2023

Hello everyone,

Thanks for offering your advice last week. It turns out that I just had to reset my license, which the Trados team suggested that I do, so all is well that ends well.

Trados can be complicated, but they do have a dedicated after-sales service.

All the best!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

It's been a lot. Now I can't reinstall Trados on the new computer...

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »