What's happening to the Dutch Hunspell dictionary?
Thread poster: Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
Aug 22, 2023

I translated a project in CafeTran Espresso and had to deliver via Trados 2022.

I noticed that many words that weren't flagged by Hunspell in CafeTran Espresso, were flagged in Studio 2022.

Here are my settings:

Screen Shot 2023-08-22 at 12.42.09

In CafeTran Espresso I use the Open Taal version of the Dutch Hunspell dictionary. Here is a comparison of the size of the Open Taal Hunspell dictionary and the Hunspell dictionary shipped with Trados 2022 (the "old" file):

Screen Shot 2023-08-22 at 12.31.19

To give an example: a very common Dutch word as "Deurgreep" is flagged in Trados 2022 (and not in CafeTran Espresso), whereas the plural "Deurgrepen" is suggested.

I verified that the words that are flagged in Trados aren't listed in Hunspell's custom.dic for CafeTran Espresso ...

What's happening here?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What's happening to the Dutch Hunspell dictionary?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »