Thread poster: Samuel Murray
Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
Hunspell Feb 12, 2023

Stepan Konev wrote:

But Trados completely rely on MS Word in what regards spell checking.

Unless you use the default spell checker.

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 19:13
English to Russian
Default spellchecker Feb 12, 2023

Hans Lenting wrote:
Unless you use the default spell checker.
I am not sure what is the default setting for spell checking but if you mean Hunspell, it is a disaster for my target language. But even in this case Trados does not do it on its own. Again it relies on Hunspell.

[Edited at 2023-02-12 19:03 GMT]

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
Hunspell Feb 13, 2023

Stepan Konev wrote:

I am not sure what is the default setting for spell checking but if you mean Hunspell

It is indeed Hunspell.

BTW: This software can be used with an additional user.dic file per project. This has been implemented in CafeTran, but as far as I know not in Trados. Maybe there is a way to add this feature? In that case Samuel could deliver the Trados files plus an extra user.dic. Maybe via a plug-in? (Maybe a kind person can develop it?)

BTW2: The Dutch Hunspell files are up to standard. They are created by https://www.opentaal.org, based on the official spelling rules. Open Taal Spelling rulez!

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to "Ignore all" in Trados spellcheck

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »