Germany
Local time: 00:27
Member (2006)
German to French
+ ...
Jan 17, 2023

Hello,

I use Trados Starter under Windows 7.
From a certain point in time, Trados stopped being able to connect with the internet, while my internet connexion else works perfectly. This is a problem, since I am not able to work on online projects with the 2011 version on clients' servers any more and I am not able to activate the key for the 2022 version.

Connexion with Groupshare:
groupshare

Licence activation:
LicenceServer

Does somebody has a hint for me?

Many thanks in advance,
Geneviève

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 01:27
English to Russian
Why can't you activate Trados 2022? Jan 17, 2023

Geneviève Granger wrote:
I am not able to activate the key for the 2022 version.
Why can't you activate it?
Anyway, try this: https://gateway.sdl.com/apex/communityknowledge?articleName=000015928&_ga=2.108156290.1255597191.1673992180-759475024.1672631182&_gl=1*3lwqob*_ga*NzU5NDc1MDI0LjE2NzI2MzExODI.*_ga_J0Z9C6G83T*MTY3Mzk5MjE4MC4yNC4wLjE2NzM5OTIxODAuMC4wLjA.

Geneviève Granger

Renée van Bijsterveld
Renée van Bijsterveld  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2007)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Windows 7? Jan 18, 2023

Could Windows 7 be an issue?

Please check https://gateway.sdl.com/communityknowledge?articleName=000001184

" * Limited Windows 7 support Microsoft has recently stopped support for Windows 7. As a result, we are no longer testing Trados Studio on Windows 7. Trados Studio continues to work on Windows 7 so you can still install and use it with thi
... See more
Could Windows 7 be an issue?

Please check https://gateway.sdl.com/communityknowledge?articleName=000001184

" * Limited Windows 7 support Microsoft has recently stopped support for Windows 7. As a result, we are no longer testing Trados Studio on Windows 7. Trados Studio continues to work on Windows 7 so you can still install and use it with this Windows version. However, to work with GroupShare and Language Cloud projects on Windows 7, make sure to first enable TLS 1.2 as default secure protocol . Language Cloud and GroupShare 2017 SR1 and later only accept TLS 1.2 connections. This is to ensure the highest data security when sharing projects on SDL servers."
Collapse

Geneviève Granger
Geneviève Granger  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2006)
German to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, Stepan!!!! Jan 19, 2023

This solved all my problems!

Have a nice and productive day, everybody.
Geneviève

[Edited at 2023-01-19 10:17 GMT]

Stepan Konev

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados does not get any Internet connexion

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »