Trados 2021: Error: attempting to insert an item that is already part of a collection
Thread poster: Ivana de Sousa Santos
Ivana de Sousa Santos
Ivana de Sousa Santos  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 01:00
French to Portuguese
+ ...
Jan 14, 2023

Hello,

When trying to import a huge winaligned text into a TM or creating a SDLXLIFF file I get this "Error: attempting to insert an item that is already part of a collection" and I can't do it.

I've spent the last 4 hours correcting the alignment and had this unpleasant error.

Does anyone know how to solve it? Is it simple?

Thank you in advance.

expressisverbis
expressisverbis
Portugal
Member (2015)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Ivana Jan 14, 2023

I've never got that error before, but have you seen this? I don't know if it helps...

"I had the same issue today in Studio 2019 SR2- In case anyone else has this issue, I was able to resolve it by using the "Realign" option on the sdlalign file. Once the realignment was done, I was then able to save as sdlxliff/import the alignment in
... See more
I've never got that error before, but have you seen this? I don't know if it helps...

"I had the same issue today in Studio 2019 SR2- In case anyone else has this issue, I was able to resolve it by using the "Realign" option on the sdlalign file. Once the realignment was done, I was then able to save as sdlxliff/import the alignment into the sdltm."

https://community.rws.com/product-groups/trados-portfolio/trados-studio/f/studio/18866/error-attempting-to-insert-an-item-that-is-already-part-of-a-collection

I just found this link too:

How to fix the issue in Trados Studio:
If the file has too many words to be handled in Browser Workbench, it is better to work in Trados Studio. However, exporting the task/file to WSXZ package won't work because of the same error. The workaround is to use the XLIFF format:

1- Export as XLIFF format. A zip file including the XLF file will be created during export
2- Unzip the zip file and open the XLIFF file in Trados Studio as standalone file
3- Run a Tag verification in Trados Studio (Review tab/Verify)
4- Fix all tag errors (ignore any other errors such as missing translation as they are not relevant. You can also change your Verification setting to report only tag issues as errors). When fixing, make sure that the tags in the target segment match the tags in source segment.
5- Re-run the tag verification until no more errors are found
6- Save the file as target in Trados Studio. The fixed XLIFF file will be created
7- Zip it and import the ZIP file into the WorldServer project/task. If no errors appear during import, your fix was successful.
8- Now complete the Autoerror or - if the error appeared during the export in WSXZ, attempt again to export in WSXZ format.

https://gateway.sdl.com/CommunityKnowledge?articleName=000001561

[Edited at 2023-01-14 22:24 GMT]
Collapse

Stepan Konev

Ivana de Sousa Santos
Ivana de Sousa Santos  Identity Verified
Portugal
French to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It worked Jan 17, 2023

Thank you very much

expressisverbis

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2021: Error: attempting to insert an item that is already part of a collection

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »