Anne McDowall
Anne McDowall  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 05:35
Member (2016)
French to English
+ ...
Sep 24, 2021

Beware of anyone sending you a file with this name to translate: it's a scam. I was in conversation with someone about translating it (FR-EN) but awaiting a 30% advance (job worth about 750€) – their suggestion. But the name of the file sounded familiar and I've just come across it sent to me a while ago by someone else! It was already smelling like a scam – a story about an overpayment that fortunately was immediately withdrawn from my bank. Having been scammed several years ago, I never ... See more
Beware of anyone sending you a file with this name to translate: it's a scam. I was in conversation with someone about translating it (FR-EN) but awaiting a 30% advance (job worth about 750€) – their suggestion. But the name of the file sounded familiar and I've just come across it sent to me a while ago by someone else! It was already smelling like a scam – a story about an overpayment that fortunately was immediately withdrawn from my bank. Having been scammed several years ago, I never accept cheque payments anymore so this wouldn't have gone further, but I wanted to warn anyone out there in case they receive this. Neither person claimed to have found me here, but I guess they might try here too. Incidentally, the two email addresses were [email protected] and [email protected].Collapse

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 04:35
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
@Anne Sep 25, 2021

Thank you for letting us know.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Formation-esprit-scientifique

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »