For matters related to payments, access to training sessions and technical issues, please submit a support request for faster assistance.
Spam-quality German emails from Proz? Please don't!
Thread poster: Claudia Krysztofiak
Claudia Krysztofiak
Claudia Krysztofiak  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 12:05
English to German
+ ...
Jun 3, 2015

Yesterday I received an invitation from Proz for an upcoming training session. It sounded like it was meant to be German, but honestly, as a member of a website for translation professionals dedicated to high quality and good style, I am really very very ashamed of what Proz put into my mailbox, pretending to be German:

"
* Zutritt zu der Online Workshop mit einer Fragen & Antworten Möglichkeit,
* Unbegrenzter Zugriff zu der Videoaufnahme der Session,
* Ein Zert
... See more
Yesterday I received an invitation from Proz for an upcoming training session. It sounded like it was meant to be German, but honestly, as a member of a website for translation professionals dedicated to high quality and good style, I am really very very ashamed of what Proz put into my mailbox, pretending to be German:

"
* Zutritt zu der Online Workshop mit einer Fragen & Antworten Möglichkeit,
* Unbegrenzter Zugriff zu der Videoaufnahme der Session,
* Ein Zertifikat.

Versäumen Sie nicht die Möglichkeit mehr von der Website zu bekommen!
Freundliche Grüße,
Das ProZ.com Training Team

Wenden Sie sich an die Mitarbeiter der Webseite via support falls Sie Unterstützung brauchen.

ProZ.com bemüht sich stehts Sie regelmäßig zu informieren, aber vor allem Rücksicht auf Ihre Privatsphäre zu nehmen. Sollten Sie keine weiteren Werbemitteilungen bekommen wollen, öffnen Sie bitte click here um Ihre Email Eistellungen zu ändern.

Ihr Password ist vertraulich. ProZ.com verlangt die Details über Ihr Email oder Password via E-mail nicht. Ppassword vergessen? Öffnen Sie this page.
"

Searching through the forums I found something similar must have happened in 2012, where members assumed the text was machine translated.

Dear Proz team,
I really would like to know, what this is about? Did something go wrong or is it simply a matter of too few German professional translators having free resources to translate and proofread texts for Proz as a client?
If a text was not translated and proofread thoroughly, PLEASE, DO NOT SEND IT!

I really do not wish to receive spam-quality "German" texts from my favorite community and networking website for professional translators.

So what went wrong, and what can be done about it?
Collapse

Helen Shepelenko
Helen Shepelenko
SITE STAFF
Thank you for reporting the issue Jun 3, 2015

Hi Claudia,

Thanks for reporting this.

Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused by the fact that the wrong localized message was used. Let me confirm here that appropriate action will be taken.

My bests,
Helen

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member because it was not in line with site rule

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Helen Shepelenko[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Spam-quality German emails from Proz? Please don't!

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »