pay for membership renewal with wallet amount
Автор темы: heikeb
heikeb
heikeb  Identity Verified
Член ProZ.com c 2003
английский => немецкий
+ ...
Oct 28, 2006

From my early pre-member ProZ days, I still have $10.83 in my wallet. It's been sitting there since then, since it seems a bit ridiculous having to pay in money - right now, you need to have $25 in your wallet in order to withdraw money from it. I would have to pay in $14.17 in order to get 25 dollars back (and isn't there a fee also, so I'd lose money? Or should I be able to claim interest on my investment? )

I've b
... See more
From my early pre-member ProZ days, I still have $10.83 in my wallet. It's been sitting there since then, since it seems a bit ridiculous having to pay in money - right now, you need to have $25 in your wallet in order to withdraw money from it. I would have to pay in $14.17 in order to get 25 dollars back (and isn't there a fee also, so I'd lose money? Or should I be able to claim interest on my investment? )

I've been trying to renew my membership. I was delighted to see that it offers the option to apply my wallet amount to the payment. BUT at the final check/out, this money is not applied.

Now, if the 25 dollar requirement is valid also in this case, the option shouldn't even been displayed. Since it's is displayed, it should work and the amount be counted towards my renewal fee.
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Германия
Local time: 15:56
английский => немецкий
+ ...
Submit a Support Request Oct 28, 2006

Hi Heike,

Don't forget that ProZ.com is not a financial services provider. Returning payments involves manual work; hence the minimum requirement to avoid 'micro payments' (which can only be handled efficiently using an automated process).

I've been trying to renew my membership. I was delighted to see that it offers the option to apply my wallet amount to the payment. BUT at the final check/out, this money is not applied.

Now, if the 25 dollar requirement is valid also in this case, the option shouldn't even been displayed. Since it's is displayed, it should work and the amount be counted towards my renewal fee.

May I suggest to submit a Support Request, selecting the Billing or payment option? I'm sure Cathy will find a solution.

Best regards,
Ralf

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Модератор(ы) этого форума
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

pay for membership renewal with wallet amount

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »