Páginas sobre el tema:   [1 2] >
Not receiving notifications of Kudoz - again!
Autor de la hebra: Caryl Swift
Caryl Swift
Caryl Swift  Identity Verified
Polonia
Local time: 19:37
polaco al inglés
+ ...
Sep 2, 2006

Is there anyone else out there who isn't receiving notifications . . . or is it just me?

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2006-09-12 16:28]

Angie Garbarino
Angie Garbarino  Identity Verified
Miembro 2003
francés al italiano
+ ...
Yes me Sep 2, 2006

I don't receive kudoz notification since 10 a.m my time GMT+2

Your are not alone

have a nice week end

Angioletta

Caryl Swift
Polonia
polaco al inglés
+ ...
PERSONA QUE INICIÓ LA HEBRA
Thank you! Sep 2, 2006

And you have a good weekend too, Angioletta!

All the best,
Caryl

Sara Noss
Sara Noss  Identity Verified
Reino Unido
Local time: 18:37
Miembro 2006
francés al inglés
+ ...
Me too! Sep 2, 2006

For quite a few hours now.

I'm sure they'll come flooding in soon enough.

Sara

Ivana UK
Ivana UK  Identity Verified
Reino Unido
Miembro 2005
italiano al inglés
+ ...
I didn't receive job notifications for 2 days and couldn't understand why Sep 2, 2006

until I checked my Kudoz dashboard and found that all the previous settings had somehow been cleared (not by me). I reset my preferences and am now receiving the notifications again. Must be some sort of Proz glitch...

sergey (X)
sergey (X)
ruso al inglés
+ ...
it's good there is this thread... as i started wondering... Sep 2, 2006

hi,

me only received one single 'question closed' notification today. when normally i receive hundreds in the same space of time.
at least it showed there was nothing wrong on my side... could still receive emails...

sergey

ps
the good news is that angioletta and ivana, the paying members haven't received any either, which means it hasn't become a feature that one needs to pay for.

pps
forgot to mention what i'd discovered -<
... See more
hi,

me only received one single 'question closed' notification today. when normally i receive hundreds in the same space of time.
at least it showed there was nothing wrong on my side... could still receive emails...

sergey

ps
the good news is that angioletta and ivana, the paying members haven't received any either, which means it hasn't become a feature that one needs to pay for.

pps
forgot to mention what i'd discovered -

if you open any new question from proz.com home page you will see a little window at the bottom saying:

''''You were not sent email notification of this question.'''''

and when you click on the little box to find out as to why, it says:

'''''Notification Information

ProZ.com NOW (!!!) keeps track of when we send you individual notifications for KudoZ questions. If an email was sent to you for this question the time and address will be listed here.

If you did not receive the email while the page lists one as sent, please submit a support ticket.''''

ppps
so, it could become a feature that one needs to pay for after all...
well, i am not paying... not until there is justice on this site...

[Edited at 2006-09-02 14:30]
Collapse

bartek
bartek  Identity Verified
inglés al polaco
+ ...
Same here Sep 2, 2006

Caryl, you are not alone.
Two days without proz notifications and I managed to survive
Teresa

cocotier
cocotier
inglés al francés
+ ...
Idem +... Sep 2, 2006

Hello there!

First: I received maybe 150 - 200 X the SAME notification...one every minute! for about 2 hours. (yesterday afternoon 1st Sep) then no more notification since yesterday 9:00 pm.

Have a nice quite week-end!

Magda Dziadosz
Magda Dziadosz  Identity Verified
Polonia
Miembro 2004
inglés al polaco
+ ...
one more Sep 2, 2006

I stopped receiving KudoZ notifications over 24 h ago.

Has anybody filed support request?

Magda

gianfranco
gianfranco  Identity Verified
Brasil
Local time: 14:37
Miembro 2001
inglés al italiano
+ ...
Clarification about the email notification Sep 2, 2006

sergey wrote:
if you open any new question from proz.com home page you will see a little window at the bottom saying:

''''You were not sent email notification of this question.'''''

and when you click on the little box to find out as to why, it says:

'''''Notification Information

ProZ.com NOW (!!!) keeps track of when we send you individual notifications for KudoZ questions. If an email was sent to you for this question the time and address will be listed here.

If you did not receive the email while the page lists one as sent, please submit a support ticket.''''

Hi sergey and all,

apparently yesterday or perhaps today there are some problems in the notifications and the programmers are working on it, or perhaps they have solved the issue, but I'm not informed about it.

I just would like to explain the feature implemented by ProZ.com to record all email notifications sent out by the server, how it works and the rationale behind it.

In general, when a site user expects to receive some notificatins (jobs or kudoz) and they do not arrive, there is always the doubt if they were sent out or not.

In other words, if the blame has to be put on ProZ.com non sending them (because of a bug, a temporary glitch, or because the user settings have been modified), or they have been sent but lost elsewhere, for example, filtered as spam by the email service, or else.

Now, any site user can check if a specific notification has been sent, and the task of identifying the cause for a missing notification can be restricted.
If the mail is sent, and recorded, and we can see that it has gone out, we can exclude ProZ.com from the causes and concentrate on the email provider.
On the other hand, if a notification is expected and it doesn't appear as "sent", we can start checking our settings, dashboards, etc.

We can check for any specific notifications here http://www.proz.com/?sp=mail_monitor and, for KudoZ, at the bottom of each KudoZ question page.

In conclusion, the feature to record all notifications sent, is aimed at pinpointing the problems in case of missing notifications.

sergey wrote:
ppps

After my explanation, you may realize that your elaborations are in fact unfounded.

The main reason that it has made it necessary is to allow all site users to check and solve email problems, therefore relieving the site support from investigating the many queries about the issue.
I know, for direct experience (2 years ago, I have run the ProZ.com customer support desk for about 9 months) that most of times the problems are with the user's email service, and out of ProZ.com control.
Now all users have a way to check something by themselves.

bye
Gianfranco

[Edited at 2006-09-02 21:34]

Caryl Swift
Polonia
polaco al inglés
+ ...
24 hour Kudoz blackout! Sep 3, 2006

Babayaga wrote:

For quite a few hours now.

I'm sure they'll come flooding in soon enough.

Sara

If only that were true . . . sadly, in my case, at any rate, the silence drags on . . .

Caryl

Caryl Swift
Polonia
polaco al inglés
+ ...
I have a routine . . . Sep 3, 2006

Ivana Micheli wrote:

until I checked my Kudoz dashboard and found that all the previous settings had somehow been cleared (not by me). I reset my preferences and am now receiving the notifications again. Must be some sort of Proz glitch...

which I go through, before I sound the alarm. The first thing I do is to check my dashboard. I rarely need to check that it's not my mail server malfunctioning because I'm normally receiving other mails with no problem . . . but if necessary, I also check that. Then I send a support ticket . . . and wait . . .

And then I start wondering if it's only me . . .

Thanks Ivana,

Caryl

Caryl Swift
Polonia
polaco al inglés
+ ...
Surely not . . . Sep 3, 2006

sergey wrote:

ps

ppps

Hi, sergey,

Well, hoepfully, Gianfranco has set your mind at rest on that score.

I honestly think that making e-mail notification a feature that needs to be paid for would be rather an own goal . . . people might well stop bothering to answer, which could mean (in my pairs anyway) the loss of a number of excellent contributors. Which in turn, would have its effect on the quality of the glossary . . .

Not to mention that there are many people who intend, or would like to become full members in the future - at least, I've noticed a number of people who have said so in various forum postings. I wonder how many of them would still feel the same if their involvement were less direct as a result of not receiving notifications?

Have a good Sunday!

All the best,
Caryl

Caryl Swift
Polonia
polaco al inglés
+ ...
I'm now into my 2nd day . . . Sep 3, 2006

bartek wrote:

Caryl, you are not alone.
Two days without proz notifications and I managed to survive
Teresa

Cold turkey, huh?

Caryl

Caryl Swift
Polonia
polaco al inglés
+ ...
Well . . . Sep 3, 2006

cocotier wrote:

Hello there!

First: I received maybe 150 - 200 X the SAME notification...one every minute! for about 2 hours. (yesterday afternoon 1st Sep) then no more notification since yesterday 9:00 pm.

Have a nice quite week-end!

at least you had plenty of opportunity to find the most helpful answer to that particular notification . . .

I wish you a good weekend as well!

Páginas sobre el tema:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Not receiving notifications of Kudoz - again!

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »