Pages in topic:   [1 2 3 4] >
Missing email notifications (Staff: Fixed)
Thread poster: Anna Sarah Krämer
Anna Sarah Krämer
Anna Sarah Krämer
Germany
Local time: 01:40
Member (2011)
English to German
+ ...
Nov 30, 2023

Since a few months the email notification system seems to be broken for me and at least a few colleagues.

I receive notifications sometimes days after the posting was made.

I wonder if there is time and workforce to fix this very important feature of the site among all the AI hype going on? While introducing ever new and fancy features maybe keep the basic functionality of the site intact. I don't care about mobile apps, new systems to find clients (just keep the old on
... See more
Since a few months the email notification system seems to be broken for me and at least a few colleagues.

I receive notifications sometimes days after the posting was made.

I wonder if there is time and workforce to fix this very important feature of the site among all the AI hype going on? While introducing ever new and fancy features maybe keep the basic functionality of the site intact. I don't care about mobile apps, new systems to find clients (just keep the old ones working), or new features around the 'artist formerly called MT' (my proposal to avoid the 2 letter buzz acronym starting with 'A').
Collapse

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
expressisverbis
Thomas T. Frost
Jennifer Levey
Michele Fauble
Maria G. Grassi, MA AITI
Philip Lees

expressisverbis
expressisverbis
Portugal
Local time: 00:40
Member (2015)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
You are not alone... Nov 30, 2023

A few other colleagues and I, we are having the same problem: we don't get notifications, sometimes we get some and sometimes we don't...
Today, by chance, I've already received two questions from KudoZ, but everything that happens there I'm not aware of or notified about.
And this has been going on since 2020, it improved a little back then, but nothing was ever fixed.
So these "bugs" as they are called, or "improvements" that are being made and that we might be affected by,
... See more
A few other colleagues and I, we are having the same problem: we don't get notifications, sometimes we get some and sometimes we don't...
Today, by chance, I've already received two questions from KudoZ, but everything that happens there I'm not aware of or notified about.
And this has been going on since 2020, it improved a little back then, but nothing was ever fixed.
So these "bugs" as they are called, or "improvements" that are being made and that we might be affected by, it's all a load of bollocks.
Collapse

Jennifer Levey
Barbara Carrara
Michele Fauble
Philip Lees
Beatriz Ramírez de Haro

Thomas T. Frost
Thomas T. Frost  Identity Verified
Portugal
Danish to English
+ ...
No or late forum notifications Nov 30, 2023

I was only notified of the 'new' topic https://www.proz.com/forum/money_matters/364804-tax_in_spain_for_non_residents_when_invoicing_for_services_from_abroad.html created on 24 November this morning, six days later, and I can see other forum topics on the front page for which I haven't received notifications by ema... See more
I was only notified of the 'new' topic https://www.proz.com/forum/money_matters/364804-tax_in_spain_for_non_residents_when_invoicing_for_services_from_abroad.html created on 24 November this morning, six days later, and I can see other forum topics on the front page for which I haven't received notifications by email.

This is not the first time email notifications are messed up, and I also have the impression that some staff are more interested in new fancy features (that also I don't need) than keeping the basic functions working.

All in all, I consider the site so dysfunctional in more than one way that I decided not to renew my membership in August after many years. I no longer consider that it delivers sufficient value for the money.

Full access to the Blue Board does have some value, but now as a non-member I realise that since I have only superficial access, I also have no motivation for contributing to it If other non-members feel the same way, many non-payment and other problems will never be reported to the Blue Board, so even for members it is incomplete and superficial.
Collapse

Philip Lees

Lieven Malaise
Lieven Malaise
Belgium
Member (2020)
French to Dutch
+ ...
Private messages Nov 30, 2023

I've received a private message a couple of times in the past. I know this because I got an email notification whith the message in it, but there isn't a trace to find of them in my Proz account, nor from my replies. I suppose this is also some bug, because in the very beginning of my Proz years this feature seemed to work fine.

Thomas T. Frost
Portugal
Danish to English
+ ...
Private messages Nov 30, 2023

Lieven Malaise wrote:

I've received a private message a couple of times in the past. I know this because I got an email notification whith the message in it, but there isn't a trace to find of them in my Proz account, nor from my replies. I suppose this is also some bug, because in the very beginning of my Proz years this feature seemed to work fine.

I wouldn't want Proz to keep my private messages on their server, so this is good news.

Naiara Solano
Naiara Solano
Local time: 20:40
SITE STAFF
Thank you all for reporting! Issue being fixed. Nov 30, 2023

Dear community,

I am afraid that this is a general notification issue on the site, we are aware of it and our system team is working to have it solved as soon as possible.

I will get back to you when it has been fixed to let you know.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you so much for your patience!

Best regards,

Naiara Solano
ProZ.com Team

Zea_Mays
Zea_Mays  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
Hmm... Nov 30, 2023

Shouldn't a paid membership be a guarantee of working features most of the time?
"Fixes", even for trivial problems, take a long time at ProZ. Why is that?

Michele Fauble
Christel Zipfel
expressisverbis
Anna Sarah Krämer
Philip Lees
Lieven Malaise

Naiara Solano
Naiara Solano
SITE STAFF
Issue solved Nov 30, 2023

Thanks for your patience.

A fix has been made in order to solve the issue and notifications should be arriving normally.

Please let me know how everything goes, and please report in case you experience this again.

Thanks!

Best,

Naiara Solano
ProZ.com Staff

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Another bug? Nov 30, 2023

I have been seeing the same Featured Translator since this morning. I've sent a ticket but no answer so far...

Christel Zipfel
Barbara Carrara

Thomas T. Frost
Portugal
Danish to English
+ ...
Twins? Nov 30, 2023

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida wrote:

I have been seeing the same Featured Translator since this morning. I've sent a ticket but no answer so far...

Maybe they are all identical twins.

Zea_Mays
expressisverbis

Zea_Mays
Zea_Mays  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
adding Nov 30, 2023

Forum view count (again) not working, and quite some bugs more still there since... years?

Barbara Carrara

Anna Sarah Krämer
Anna Sarah Krämer
Germany
Member (2011)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Yay but now we can see ads in the forum! Nov 30, 2023

In their relentless efforts to improve the site apparently the team has now added the 'functionality' of showing ads between forum posts. And what could they possibly advertise but different workshops about 'Making the best out of machine translation'. Sigh.

Angie Garbarino

Naiara Solano
Naiara Solano
SITE STAFF
Thanks for bringing this to my attention Nov 30, 2023

Dear Maria Teresa and Zea,

I am afraid that, due to recent site maintenance, we have been releasing some updates and the system had been affected by those changes causing momentary glitchs.

I have already referred these two issues to be processed internally by site developers.

I know that adjustments and fixing-ups may take some time, but I promise to notify you here as soon as this has been resolved and tested.

We really appreciate your patie
... See more
Dear Maria Teresa and Zea,

I am afraid that, due to recent site maintenance, we have been releasing some updates and the system had been affected by those changes causing momentary glitchs.

I have already referred these two issues to be processed internally by site developers.

I know that adjustments and fixing-ups may take some time, but I promise to notify you here as soon as this has been resolved and tested.

We really appreciate your patience.

Best,

Naiara Solano
ProZ.com Staff
Collapse

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
24 hours later Dec 1, 2023

The Featured Translator is still the same…

Barbara Carrara
expressisverbis

Lieven Malaise
Lieven Malaise
Belgium
Member (2020)
French to Dutch
+ ...
. Dec 1, 2023

On my profile I changed my working experience to 23 years months ago, but a few weeks ago all of a sudden this was changed back to 20 years (not even 22, which was the previous number I entered, but '20'). I'm not even going to bother asking how this was possible.

Proz reminds me of the possible future of AI : a beast that is out of control.

expressisverbis
Anna Sarah Krämer
Philip Lees
Barbara Carrara

Pages in topic:   [1 2 3 4] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Missing email notifications (Staff: Fixed)

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »