ralbin
ralbin
Mexico
Local time: 11:57
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jan 23, 2012

Hello all,

I'm brand new to ProZ and have what might be a silly question. I found a job posting I'd like to respond to, and clicked on the link to contact the outsourcer by e-mail. The outsourcer asked candidates to send in CVs and work samples. I don't see anywhere to attach a document in the message format, and there is no e-mail address listed in the job posting that would allow me to send an e-mail with attachments from gmail. Am I just blind and not seeing an obvious button? Ho
... See more
Hello all,

I'm brand new to ProZ and have what might be a silly question. I found a job posting I'd like to respond to, and clicked on the link to contact the outsourcer by e-mail. The outsourcer asked candidates to send in CVs and work samples. I don't see anywhere to attach a document in the message format, and there is no e-mail address listed in the job posting that would allow me to send an e-mail with attachments from gmail. Am I just blind and not seeing an obvious button? How do I attach files in ProZ messages to outsourcers?

Thanks for the help,
Rachel
Collapse

Alejandro Cavalitto
Alejandro Cavalitto  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 14:57
Member (2008)
English to Spanish
+ ...
It is not possible to attach a file to a message sent through ProZ.com Jan 23, 2012

Hello Rachel,

Please note that it is not possible to attach files to messages sent through ProZ.com. When a job poster requests files to be attached to quotes, the files need to be sent through the quoting system or by email directly.

As you are not a paying member of ProZ.com, you do not see the contact email address in the job posting, and instead only see the option to send a message through ProZ.com. For more information on the benefits of membership, please see thi
... See more
Hello Rachel,

Please note that it is not possible to attach files to messages sent through ProZ.com. When a job poster requests files to be attached to quotes, the files need to be sent through the quoting system or by email directly.

As you are not a paying member of ProZ.com, you do not see the contact email address in the job posting, and instead only see the option to send a message through ProZ.com. For more information on the benefits of membership, please see this page: http://www.proz.com/membership/

Hope this explains! Please let me know if you have any question.

Best regards,
Alejandro
Collapse

ralbin
ralbin
Mexico
Local time: 11:57
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
OK, thanks. Jan 23, 2012

Thanks very much for the info.

Best,
Rachel

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Attaching documents in ProZ messages

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »