Rafael Porlan
Rafael Porlan
Spain
Local time: 15:33
Member (2007)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jul 28, 2001

Does anyone now how to avoid Transit 3.0 swallowing up all system resources, when files are big, and reference files are quite a few? (I\'m talking about a 27,000 word file). It takes ages for me to go from one segment to the following one. Apart from that, isn\'t there somewhere out there a function similar to the one the F3 function key performs in Trados? I don\'t seem to be able to look for terms that have been already translated within the fuzzy matches or the reference material; I can only... See more
Does anyone now how to avoid Transit 3.0 swallowing up all system resources, when files are big, and reference files are quite a few? (I\'m talking about a 27,000 word file). It takes ages for me to go from one segment to the following one. Apart from that, isn\'t there somewhere out there a function similar to the one the F3 function key performs in Trados? I don\'t seem to be able to look for terms that have been already translated within the fuzzy matches or the reference material; I can only find them when the fuzzy matches have the mercy of showing them...Collapse

Fiona von Wobeser (X)
Fiona von Wobeser (X)
Local time: 15:33
English to German
+ ...
Aug 9, 2001

There are certainly possibilities to make the program work faster. I made really really good experiences by adding more RAM (I now use 256 MByte RAM) what really does not cost the world (I guess about 50€) and by increasing my virtual memory (you can increase it to about 700 MB when having 256 RAM).

And, of course, you shouldn\'t have too many programs running in the background.

If you keep all this in mind, I guess your performance should increase enormously.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problems with Transit 3.0

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »