Thread poster: fachexpert (X)
fachexpert (X)
fachexpert (X)
Local time: 15:28
German to English
+ ...
Mar 7, 2002

Dear Friends,

I have obtained a memory along with some files to be translated, from the client. All of them are in the zipped form. I however wish to analyze these source files that I am to work on, before I actually commence the translation work. I have tried unzipping the files and then analyzing them, but the system tells me that the file type is not recognised and they cannot be analyzed. All the source files are SGM files.

I would be immensely thankful if someone guides
... See more
Dear Friends,

I have obtained a memory along with some files to be translated, from the client. All of them are in the zipped form. I however wish to analyze these source files that I am to work on, before I actually commence the translation work. I have tried unzipping the files and then analyzing them, but the system tells me that the file type is not recognised and they cannot be analyzed. All the source files are SGM files.

I would be immensely thankful if someone guides me step by step about achieving my goal. Please ask if my statement is not clear.

best regards,

fachexpert
Collapse

Mats Wiman
Mats Wiman  Identity Verified
Sweden
Member (2000)
German to Swedish
+ ...
In memoriam
The right address: [email protected] Mar 7, 2002

You\'ll find the Trados experts there

Best regards

Mats Wiman

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-03-07 13:34 ]

Mats Wiman
Mats Wiman  Identity Verified
Sweden
Member (2000)
German to Swedish
+ ...
In memoriam
The right address: [email protected] Mar 7, 2002

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-03-07 13:35 ]

fachexpert (X)
fachexpert (X)
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
THANKS Mar 7, 2002

Thanks so much Mats for that address, I was unaware of that. I am facing this problem for quite some time. Hope this email address you have given, will prove useful.

Regards!

Ravi Oak

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
SGML should work Mar 7, 2002

...at least .sgm is included in the list of file types that can be analysed using Trados Workbench 5.0. If you\'re using Trados, and you have properly opened the memory in your Workbench, but you still get the error message, you might want to check whether the SGML files were damaged.

In addition to the Yahoo groups mentioned by Mats, you could also post a forum message on www.translationzone.com.

Christina Clark
Christina Clark  Identity Verified
Denmark
English to Danish
+ ...
This is what Trados Online Help suggests... Mar 7, 2002

To perform an analysis of one or more documents, follow the steps below:

1. Prepare Translator\'s Workbench as follows:

· Check the Translation Memory Options dialog box to ensure that the relevant settings for analysis are defined. For instance, to analyse HTML or SGML/XML documents, you must specify the correct DTD settings file in the Tools tab.

DTD Settings Files

Under DTD Settings Files, you can specify whi
... See more
To perform an analysis of one or more documents, follow the steps below:

1. Prepare Translator\'s Workbench as follows:

· Check the Translation Memory Options dialog box to ensure that the relevant settings for analysis are defined. For instance, to analyse HTML or SGML/XML documents, you must specify the correct DTD settings file in the Tools tab.

DTD Settings Files

Under DTD Settings Files, you can specify which initialisation files Translator\'s Workbench should use when analysing, batch translating or cleaning up HTML or SGML/XML files. DTD settings files are created using the DTD Settings Wizard in TRADOS TagEditor.

Taken From: Translator\'s Workbench online help, (c) 1994-2001 by TRADOS Ireland Ltd., Dublin, Ireland.

Hope this helps, I know how slow the TranslationZone can be.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TRADOS technical problems

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »