Thread poster: Dunny Carrión
Dunny Carrión
Dunny Carrión  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 03:11
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jan 3, 2010

I have not been receiving any email notification for jobs nor for Kudoz questions since middle December. At the beginning I was not worried because I thought that due to the holiday season nobody was interested on working for a while. But now I am getting worried as I could see that all the notifications for jobs and Kudoz questions shown at the Proz inbox were not sent to my email address. What can I do?

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 08:11
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
I had the same problem some time ago... Jan 3, 2010

As far as I know you have to submit a support request (http://www.proz.com/support). Best regards,

Teresa

Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 08:11
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
Support request needed Jan 3, 2010

Hello,

Once you've checked your settings for job notifications (esp. to check that you havn't turned them off by accident) and your email address, then you should raise a support request. Links to this are all over the site or look under "About" - "Support Center"

Diana Jiménez Vallejo
Diana Jiménez Vallejo  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
+ ...
Have you got a Yahoo account? Jan 3, 2010

If that is the case, it seems Yahoo filters some ProZ mails as spam and you don't receive them. I have been having the same problem for 3-4 months. You could try and send ProZ an e-mail telling them about your problem. They told me to change my e-mail address in my profile till the problem is solved so that I could receive all the notifications.

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
Please submit a support request Jan 3, 2010

Hello all,

As Sheila suggests, would you mind submitting a support request, Dunny? Make sure you include at least one URL of a job and of a KudoZ question for which you were not notified. This will help support staff members look into this further.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,

Lucia

Dunny Carrión
Chile
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for your suggestions Jan 4, 2010

I have checked three times my settings and confirmed that all is ok. My account is not a Yahoo so that ít´s not the cause of the failure. I will temporarily change my email address to receive new notifications. Thanks to all for your kind support.

Claudia Iglesias
Claudia Iglesias  Identity Verified
Chile
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
Is it VTR? Jan 4, 2010

Hi Dunny

I have the same problem. The last notifications I got were sent on December 22.

I checked my settings, I verified with the "mail monitor" that is in the Support Page.
Finally I sent a Support Request. No reply until I had the great idea of checking "My Support Requests" and there it was. The support reply had been sent to the same address I was complainig about (!).

So I did what they suggested me to do, which I could also have imagined mysel
... See more
Hi Dunny

I have the same problem. The last notifications I got were sent on December 22.

I checked my settings, I verified with the "mail monitor" that is in the Support Page.
Finally I sent a Support Request. No reply until I had the great idea of checking "My Support Requests" and there it was. The support reply had been sent to the same address I was complainig about (!).

So I did what they suggested me to do, which I could also have imagined myself... I changed the address, but this is a problem when you have a specific address for the notifications and all the filters are configured for it.

If your SP is VTR, we might be able to do something directly with it.

Claudia
Collapse

Dunny Carrión
Chile
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jan 4, 2010

Claudia for your comments. Now I´m receiving notifications in my new email.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problems with reception of jobs and Kudoz emails notifications

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »