Adjusting your profile's local time
Thread poster: Marco Indovino (X)
Marco Indovino (X)
Marco Indovino (X)  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
Sep 12, 2008

I have adjusted my local time to GMT+1, since I live in Italy, but it will show one hour earlier (e.g. 18:38 instead of 19:38). Am I missing something or is anyone experiencing the same problem? Thanks in advance!

Siegfried Armbruster
Siegfried Armbruster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 11:54
English to German
+ ...
In memoriam
In the summertime when the weather is high.... Sep 12, 2008

What time zone is Italy in?
Italy is in the Central European Time Zone. Central European Standard Time (CET) is 1 hour ahead of Greenwich Mean Time (GMT+1).

Does Italy observe Daylight Saving / Summer Time?
Like most countries in Europe, Summer (Daylight-Saving) Time is observed in Italy, where the time is shifted forward by 1 hour; 2 hours ahead of Greenwich Mean Time (GMT+2).

After the Summer months the time in Italy is shifted back by 1 hour to Cen
... See more
What time zone is Italy in?
Italy is in the Central European Time Zone. Central European Standard Time (CET) is 1 hour ahead of Greenwich Mean Time (GMT+1).

Does Italy observe Daylight Saving / Summer Time?
Like most countries in Europe, Summer (Daylight-Saving) Time is observed in Italy, where the time is shifted forward by 1 hour; 2 hours ahead of Greenwich Mean Time (GMT+2).

After the Summer months the time in Italy is shifted back by 1 hour to Central European Time (CET) or (GMT+1)

http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/time-zone/europe/european-union/italy/

[Edited at 2008-09-12 18:59]
Collapse

Marco Indovino (X)
Marco Indovino (X)  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks... Sep 12, 2008

...Siegfried! I had considered that possibility, but I naively thought that the clock would automatically adjust to the summer time! Anyway, thanks for your reply!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Adjusting your profile's local time

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »