International Requirements on Measurement Units
Thread poster: Marina SP
Marina SP
Marina SP
Local time: 04:42
English to Russian
+ ...
Oct 28, 2010

I just received a request from a long-standing client that new International Requirements on Measurement Units stipulate that decimal periods should be used in all languages and English format should be followed. E.g. 2mL or 2,000 kg should show as such in all languages. This concerns clinical study materials (at least).

This is the first time I am hearing about this and cannot find any reference online. If anyone has any info about this, can you kindly enlighten me? I am concerned
... See more
I just received a request from a long-standing client that new International Requirements on Measurement Units stipulate that decimal periods should be used in all languages and English format should be followed. E.g. 2mL or 2,000 kg should show as such in all languages. This concerns clinical study materials (at least).

This is the first time I am hearing about this and cannot find any reference online. If anyone has any info about this, can you kindly enlighten me? I am concerned that the client may be misinformed. Like I said, this has not come up in any other projects so far.

Thank you for any info!
Collapse

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 10:42
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

SITE LOCALIZER
Hi Marina Oct 29, 2010

There is no such thing, AFAIK. It looks to me that this is a kind of inhouse requirements invented by this specific client. In any case, decimal points instead of decimal commas in Russian text (I see that you are translating into Russian, so I am mentioning Russian specifically) will be considered a major error, unless they are speaking about non-localised software or something like that.

Natalia

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

International Requirements on Measurement Units

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »