Număr de pagini:   < [1 2]
About Chinese: Simplified or Traditional?
Inițiatorul discuției: GUO-HUAN CHEN
Kuochoe Nikoi-Kotei
Kuochoe Nikoi-Kotei  Identity Verified
Ghana
Local time: 18:25
din japoneză în engleză
That would be interesting Oct 4, 2010

Sorry, my Cantonese is terrible, I don't have a hope of finding such a text. But are you really saying that books and articles written in Hong Kong for Hong Kong readers still write in Mandarin?

GUO-HUAN CHEN
GUO-HUAN CHEN
Canada
Local time: 14:25
din engleză în chineză
+ ...
INIŢIATORUL SUBIECTULUI
Madarin and Catonese are all just oral languages. Oct 5, 2010

TransAfrique wrote:

Sorry, my Cantonese is terrible, I don't have a hope of finding such a text. But are you really saying that books and articles written in Hong Kong for Hong Kong readers still write in Mandarin?

There are only two writing systems of Chinese: Traditional and Simplified, and the difference between them is just some characters of the simplified system are chosen from the traditional form and standardized.
Cantonese is a "regional dialect", and Mandarin is an "official dialect" , there never exists Cantonese of Mandarin writing form.

[Edited at 2010-10-05 16:16 GMT]

Număr de pagini:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

About Chinese: Simplified or Traditional?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »