I have to laugh ...
Thread poster: Karin Adamczyk (X)
Karin Adamczyk (X)
Karin Adamczyk (X)  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 23:06
French to English
Feb 10, 2003

... but to tell the truth, it\'s kind of scary. I have just received the second resume today from a translator who cannot read

Both were sent to [email protected] so they were on my page that clearly states:

Prière de noter que nos activités se limitent aux textes en français et en anglais. (on the French page)

... See more
... but to tell the truth, it\'s kind of scary. I have just received the second resume today from a translator who cannot read

Both were sent to [email protected] so they were on my page that clearly states:

Prière de noter que nos activités se limitent aux textes en français et en anglais. (on the French page)

or

Please note that we only handle French and English. (on the English page)

The first was from someone who translates into Chinese and the second (a ProZ member) from someone who translates into Italian.

Don\'t bother checking it out because I am removing the text. I have not received one relevant resume in all the time that link has been available. Rather than helping me find qualified and talented individuals, it has been a waste of time.

... and translators wonder why they don\'t hear back from potential clients ...

Take care,

Karin Adamczyk
Collapse

Arthur Borges
Arthur Borges
China
Local time: 11:06
English
+ ...
Darling Feb 10, 2003

The noose of the Global Village is getting all too tighter day by day and I never know what to expect next: keep the CVs -- they might come in handy the day after tomorrow, or the next.

There is so precious little way of knowing these days

Karin Adamczyk (X)
Karin Adamczyk (X)  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 23:06
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
No way Feb 10, 2003

Quote:

On 2003-02-10 19:26, Arthur wrote:

The noose of the Global Village is getting all too tighter day by day and I never know what to expect next: keep the CVs -- they might come in handy the day after tomorrow, or the next.

I don\'t accept work into/from languages I ... See more
Quote:

On 2003-02-10 19:26, Arthur wrote:

I don\'t accept work into/from languages I can\'t handle. No matter what happens in this world, I never will

Karin ▲ Collapse

Harry Bornemann
Harry Bornemann  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 21:06
English to German
+ ...
All you need is... Feb 10, 2003

All you need to handle a multi-lingual project is to know some partner agencies whom you can trust, which is difficult but not impossible to find

(And an order, of course.)

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

I have to laugh ...

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »