Thread poster: CHENOUMI (X)
CHENOUMI (X)
CHENOUMI (X)  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Hola Pámela :) Sep 24, 2003

L. Pamela Peralta wrote:

I think ProZ Café is ok. But what if you add a word, for instance 'ProZ Movie Café'.. I don't know. 'ProZ Movie Corner'?

Both suggestions sound good to me, but adding "movie" to the name would have a restrictive meaning, i.e. makes it limited to movies only. What I'd like is a broader arena.

Why don't we start this ProZ Café by stating our favorite movie or movies of all time?
I have a few, from the top of my head I would say (and please don't laugh) 'The Planet of the Apes', all five of them.
What about you?

Pamela

Caray, you're putting me on the spot For me, it would be "Les Uns et les autres" me,

CHENOUMI (X)
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Hola Pámela :) Sep 24, 2003

L. Pamela Peralta wrote:

Why don't we start this ProZ Café by stating our favorite movie or movies of all time?
I have a few, from the top of my head I would say (and please don't laugh) 'The Planet of the Apes', all five of them.
What about you?

My fave of all times is "Les uns et les autres" by French producer Claude Lelouch. It was adapted under the American title "Bolero" starring James Caan et al.

It's an epic movie, 3 hrs 5 min. long. I love the soundtrack!

You caught me off track. There are a few more that I liked, but can't remember now.

[Edited at 2003-09-24 18:50]

sylvie malich (X)
sylvie malich (X)
Germany
Local time: 08:04
German to English
Best 2 movies of all time Sep 25, 2003

"Delicatessen" by Dominique Pinon

and

"Brazil" by Terry Gilliam

Can you top these?

sylvie

SusyZ
SusyZ  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:04
Just saw the movie "Lost in Translation" Oct 19, 2003

I really enjoyed it as it brought back memories when I came to the United States many years ago without speaking the language! There were some scenes that I thought carried on too long but overall plenty of funny moments. Will have to look for Century...:-) I think there are many little details that people will be able to identify with beyond the "translation issues" presented on the big screen. I give it 3.5 stars. Saludos... See more
I really enjoyed it as it brought back memories when I came to the United States many years ago without speaking the language! There were some scenes that I thought carried on too long but overall plenty of funny moments. Will have to look for Century...:-) I think there are many little details that people will be able to identify with beyond the "translation issues" presented on the big screen. I give it 3.5 stars. Saludos

[Edited at 2003-10-19 02:36]
Collapse

Hepburn
Hepburn  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 08:04
English to French
+ ...
Lovely pictures ! Oct 19, 2003

I had the idea of sending you a pic of my favourite film ever for you all to guess the title. Got the picture through Google, copied it and it was just impossible to paste on my reply. So, please can you tell me how you do it?
It would be more stimulating maybe than just telling the name? Shall we try?
Claudette

DGK T-I
DGK T-I  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:04
Georgian to English
+ ...
Hello Claudette Oct 19, 2003

There is a useful guide to using simple HTML tags, parts of which can be used to help you add links, pictures, etc to forum postings (among other purposes, such as improving personal profile pages).
It can be found at http://www.proz.com/home/12340/HTML_Tips3.htm
(Apologies if you already know about using HTML for this).

Best wishes
Giuli

Jack Doughty
Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:04
Russian to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Testing Oct 19, 2003

I've never yet succeeded in downloading a picture into a forum but am trying again now having read the file recommended by Giuli.

Yes! It works!

[Edited at 2003-10-19 20:08]

Pamela Peralta
Pamela Peralta  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 01:04
English to Spanish
+ ...
One of my favorites Oct 19, 2003

I'm a big thriller/terror movies lover.
I've read all of Poe's tales (in Spanish)and I was fascinated by Vincent Price's performance.

Pamela

Pamela Peralta
Pamela Peralta  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 01:04
English to Spanish
+ ...
A little update Jan 26, 2004

Winner of the Golden Globe for best Motion Picture - Comedy.
Pamela

CHENOUMI (X)
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Quite an update! Jan 26, 2004

Thanks Pamela for this unexpected update! I appreciate your thoughtfulness to keep this post alive.

What happened to the Jerome's icon? I miss it.

Happy New Year!

Sandrita:):):

Pamela Peralta wrote:

Winner of the Golden Globe for best Motion Picture - Comedy.
Pamela

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

ProZ Café featuring: Lost in Translation

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »