Thread poster: Ricki Farn
Ricki Farn
Ricki Farn
Germany
Local time: 19:13
English to German
Nov 13, 2008

... or at least not in order to do certain things:

http://assets.comics.com/dyn/str_strip/000000000/00000000/0000000/200000/60000/5000/400/265470/265470.full.gif

Could have been me.
Ricki

Daina Jauntirans
Daina Jauntirans  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:13
German to English
+ ...
Here's more Nov 13, 2008

Ricki, I love these guys. Here's an article about them:
http://www.chicagotribune.com/features/lifestyle/chi-typo-guys-0521may21,0,6902266.story

Giuseppina Gatta, MA (Hons)
Giuseppina Gatta, MA (Hons)
English to Italian
+ ...
I should join them... Nov 13, 2008

...I keep on finding spelling errors here in Las Vegas even on street name signs, and pretty much everywhere else. My hands are itching

tectranslate ITS GmbH
tectranslate ITS GmbH
Local time: 19:13
German
+ ...
Oh. My. God. Nov 14, 2008

I've been tempted for a long time to start doing the same thing. This kind of mistakes on signs and letterings is very common in Germany, too.

There's this one that bugs me every time I drive by it. It says "Schillerstrasse" and one of these days I'll come by at night and change it to "Schillers Trasse" just to make a point (you have to be German to understand, I'm afraid.)

Also, while reading the comments on the Chicago Tribune Article, I noticed someone complaining ab
... See more
I've been tempted for a long time to start doing the same thing. This kind of mistakes on signs and letterings is very common in Germany, too.

There's this one that bugs me every time I drive by it. It says "Schillerstrasse" and one of these days I'll come by at night and change it to "Schillers Trasse" just to make a point (you have to be German to understand, I'm afraid.)

Also, while reading the comments on the Chicago Tribune Article, I noticed someone complaining about "Ladie's room" signs. A wicked thought then popped into my mind and I started a Google search for "laddie's room". The results are hilarious, as evidenced by literary tidbits such as this one. The Internet is heinous sometimes.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Don't tread on the grass

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »