put......against......的理解
Thread poster: clearwater
clearwater
clearwater
China
Local time: 15:38
English to Chinese
Dec 23, 2013

Marketing is in the midst of a performance revolution. The application of advanced analytics and plentiful data has allowed chief marketing officers (CMOs) to demonstrate the return on investment from marketing activities with a degree of precision that’s never been possible before. With companies spending as much as 10 percent of their annual budgets on marketing, depending on the industry—a whopping $1 trillion globally—{this rapidly developing ability to put hard numbers against marketi... See more
Marketing is in the midst of a performance revolution. The application of advanced analytics and plentiful data has allowed chief marketing officers (CMOs) to demonstrate the return on investment from marketing activities with a degree of precision that’s never been possible before. With companies spending as much as 10 percent of their annual budgets on marketing, depending on the industry—a whopping $1 trillion globally—{this rapidly developing ability to put hard numbers against marketing performance} is music to the ears of both CMOs and CFOs.

营销界正经历一场注重绩效的革命。运用高级分析技术和众多数据,让首席营销官(CMO)得以相当准确地证明营销活动的投资回报率,准确率之高是之前无法企及的。由于许多公司将年度预算中多达10%的比重投入到营销这块――多寡取决于具体行业(全球营销预算达到了惊人的1万亿美元),{如今能够迅速将凿数据与营销绩效结合起来,这对CMO和首席财务官(CFO)来说都是喜讯。}

感觉最后一句处理不太好,谢谢指正!
Collapse

MY Lim
MY Lim
Malaysia
Chinese to English
+ ...
To use hard numbers to measure marketing performance Dec 23, 2013

There must be a better way to put this in Mandarin, but I think “put hard numbers against marketing performance” essentially means “以实际数据来衡量(与证明)营销绩效”. Analytics now allow marketeers to measure/ demonstrate how well they’ve performed.

http://www.m4bmarketing.com/business-marketing-objectives/
When you don’t {put} numbe
... See more
There must be a better way to put this in Mandarin, but I think “put hard numbers against marketing performance” essentially means “以实际数据来衡量(与证明)营销绩效”. Analytics now allow marketeers to measure/ demonstrate how well they’ve performed.

When you don’t {put} numbers {against} what you want to achieve it makes your marketing more complicated.

[Edited at 2013-12-23 03:46 GMT]
Collapse

clearwater
clearwater
China
English to Chinese
TOPIC STARTER
谢谢! Dec 23, 2013

Sharon Lim wrote:

When you don’t {put} numbers {against} what you want to achieve it makes your marketing more complicated.

谢谢Sharon!

我觉得“以实际数据来衡量营销绩效”蛮好!

Jinhang Wang
Jinhang Wang  Identity Verified
China
English to Chinese
+ ...
同意这种理解 Dec 23, 2013

Sharon Lim wrote:

hard

■(of information) reliable, especially because based on something true or substantiated.
(信息,资料)可靠的;确凿无疑的;真实的

《新牛津英汉双解大词典》

拿实打实的数字与营销业绩做比较。

clearwater
clearwater
China
English to Chinese
TOPIC STARTER
A与B比较 Dec 23, 2013

J.H. Wang wrote:

Sharon Lim wrote:

hard

■(of information) reliable, especially because based on something true or substantiated.
(信息,资料)可靠的;确凿无疑的;真实的

《新牛津英汉双解大词典》

拿实打实的数字与营销业绩做比较。

版主的“拿实打实的数字与营销业绩做比较”似乎有问题:数字怎么可能与业绩相比较呢?
A与B相比较,那么A与B应该是同一类,那样才具有可比较性。

所以,我还是认为应该是Sharon的意思才对:以实际数据来衡量营销绩效。

Jinhang Wang
Jinhang Wang  Identity Verified
China
English to Chinese
+ ...
说的有道理 Dec 23, 2013

clearwater wrote:

J.H. Wang wrote:

Sharon Lim wrote:

hard

(信息,资料)可靠的;确凿无疑的;真实的

《新牛津英汉双解大词典》

拿实打实的数字与营销业绩做比较。

版主的“拿实打实的数字与营销业绩做比较”似乎有问题:数字怎么可能与业绩相比较呢?
A与B相比较,那么A与B应该是同一类,那样才具有可比较性。

所以,我还是认为应该是Sharon的意思才对:以实际数据来衡量营销绩效。

还是采用 Sharon 的版本好。

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

put......against......的理解

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »