pkchan
pkchan  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 22:16
Member (2006)
English to Chinese
+ ...
韓浩月:喬布斯再次檢驗圖書出版跟風行為 Nov 3, 2011

關于喬布斯的討論已經足夠多,那麼,對于國內出版界扎堆跟風出版喬布斯傳記,又有多少人會冷眼旁觀?由于趕時間,《史蒂夫‧喬布斯傳》簡體中文版遴選了四位翻譯者對原著進行翻譯,很快便有讀者對其翻譯文風和內容的連貫性表示不滿,這是一部出版及時的圖書,但是不是一部翻譯得很到位的圖書,會有不小的爭議。唯一證實授權的喬布斯傳記尚且如此,其他圖書能逃過拼湊嫌疑嗎?

pkchan
United States
Member (2006)
English to Chinese
+ ...
乔布斯情书 Nov 3, 2011

We didn't know much about each other twenty years ago. We were guided by our intuition;you swept me off my feet. It was snowing when we got married at the Ahwahnee. Years passed, kids came, good times, hard times,but never bad times. Our love and respect has endured and grown. We‘ve been through so much together and here we are right back where we started 20 years ago-older, wiser-with wrinkles on our faces and hearts. We now know many of life's joys,sufferings, secrets and won... See more
We didn't know much about each other twenty years ago. We were guided by our intuition;you swept me off my feet. It was snowing when we got married at the Ahwahnee. Years passed, kids came, good times, hard times,but never bad times. Our love and respect has endured and grown. We‘ve been through so much together and here we are right back where we started 20 years ago-older, wiser-with wrinkles on our faces and hearts. We now know many of life's joys,sufferings, secrets and wonders and we're still here together. My feet have never returned to the ground.

七言古诗版

@何刚:二十年前初相见,爱意迷离入云端。阿瓦尼镇漫天雪,冰清玉润并蒂莲。时光如梭岁荏苒,儿女若星长相伴。岁积月累浓情蜜,从无苦涩度时艰。敬爱相携渐不惑,光阴流逝满苍颜。人生真味共体尝,一任欢欣在九天。

@千年老妖猴:二十年前未相识,随心而遇惹人痴。犹记新婚当日景,雪花飞舞阿瓦尼。光阴似箭已添丁,幸福艰难总不离。爱至深处久弥新,回首廿载似昨夕。岁增智长皱渐生,知秘解惑尝悲喜。天地无涯有时尽,此情绵绵不绝期。 #

隐晦诗经版

@江东小白兔:廿年相知,两处茫茫。天为媒证,情出神光。幽幽我思,魂近天堂。至子于归,雨雪霏霏。及尔惠来,经年已往。时光荏苒,子息盈堂。举案齐眉,患难共襄。鹤发疏齿,饱览炎凉。执子之手,誓言无忘。我心悠悠,文无可详。来生相会,酬子无量。 #

@Remi黑米:廿年之前,吾尚未与卿相知,蒙眷顾于上苍,吾与侬一念相知,一念执着。飞花时节安华里,得幸与汝结为伉俪恍惚间,白驹稍纵,幼子绕膝。良辰美景,与卿共度;苦难艰辛,携手同行,亲密而无间。吾之汝,相敬如宾吾之爱,历久弥新牵手相依二十载,轮回处,只是朱颜改。奇遇苦乐,并肩走过,吾之爱,天地合。

婉约宋词版

@Echo马潇筠:二十年前,未相知时。然郎情妾意,梦绕魂牵。执子之手,白雪为鉴。弹指多年,添欢膝前。苦乐相倚,不离不变。爱若磐石,相敬相谦。今二十年历经种种,料年老心睿,情如初见,唯增两鬓如霜,尘色满面。患难欢喜与君共,万千真意一笑中。便人间天上,痴心常伴侬。 #

@孙晗:陌人相盼至白头,二十丁丑,方寸不意,月老红线留。前夜飘雪花满楼,韶光竞走,光阴似水流。千言不尽一语莫,个中幸苦心自说。天命已知顾往昔,青丝易白,骸骨已陋,阴阳相隔,相思如红豆。今生无所求,来世再相谋。

平凉热线
浪漫言情版

@老虎Joy:二十年前你我初见,彼此相知甚少。但我们身随心的指引,是你让我一见倾心。至今我还记得那年成婚之时阿凡尼天空飘落的片片雪花。是啊,随着我们年华老去、儿女相继诞生,生活有过甜蜜,有过辛酸,但从来没有过苦涩。我们的爱和敬意与日俱增、历久弥新。 #

@李亦非:20年前,我们相遇,彼此陌生,但我们一见钟情坠入爱河。阿凡尼的漫天雪花见证了我们的海誓山盟。岁月流逝儿女长大有过甜蜜有过艰辛却没有苦涩。我们的爱意历久弥新,携手与你相伴走过漫漫人生,我们虽已苍老但更加睿智,任皱纹爬上面容任沧桑布满心间。

金庸武侠版

本文来自平凉热线

@钟-Dk-Weed:溯回二十载,纵相顾,不相知。此间应是冥冥故,两心坠爱湖。是日,阿华尼飘雪,你我神前结情切。然而光阴浅,转眼得儿女贴膝;有道是,世事亦苦亦甜,却终无隙别。日里相亲相敬,终是愈亲愈敬。二十载,风雨同舟。纹生于面呈老势,长于心秀修持。然,情复如初。历过往悲和喜,识众多秘与奇,庆与你共之。 #

@朱翔Maple:悠二十载,你我始相见。为君步倾倒,心有戚戚焉。飞雪鉴新婚,子女承欢前。患难会有时,从不觉辛艰。岁增情愈深,举案齐眉间。身老心亦老,不惑智慧添。识得百般味,方知爱真颜。为情腾云端,此生未曾变。
Collapse

wherestip
wherestip  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 21:16
Chinese to English
+ ...
感情掌握得很差 Nov 3, 2011

本来 Steve Jobs 向太太表述的肺腑之言非常朴素,翻成中文却一点儿也不诚恳 - 读起来虚情假意的. Excuse me for saying so, but these translations are so pretentious.

拜托了,我看还是别卖弄了, 老老实实翻成白话吧。 Steve Jobs 虽然过世了, 但他生前又不是什么摇头晃脑,读死书的千年老朽。

[Edited at 2011-11-04 13:18 GMT]

pkchan
United States
Member (2006)
English to Chinese
+ ...
也来献丑 Nov 3, 2011

by Shaun Yeo 《天下文章乱乱翻》

原文:We didn’t know much about each other twenty years ago. We were guided by our intuition; you swept me off my feet. It was snowing when we got married at the Ahwahnee. Years passed, kids came, good times, hard times, but never bad times. Our love and respect has endured and grown. We’ve been through so much together and here we are right back where we started 20 years ago – older and wiser – with wrinkles on our faces and heart
... See more
by Shaun Yeo 《天下文章乱乱翻》

原文:We didn’t know much about each other twenty years ago. We were guided by our intuition; you swept me off my feet. It was snowing when we got married at the Ahwahnee. Years passed, kids came, good times, hard times, but never bad times. Our love and respect has endured and grown. We’ve been through so much together and here we are right back where we started 20 years ago – older and wiser – with wrinkles on our faces and hearts. We now know many of life’s joys, sufferings, secrets and wonders and we’re still here together. My feet have never returned to the ground。

博主:20年前初见你即大为倾心。当时我俩虽相知未深,却认定对方可托终身。记得在阿凡尼共结连理时,白雪纷飞。而后,日子一年过一年,跟着孩子来了;好年头曾有过,坏年头也曾有过,但就是没过苦年头。我俩相爱相敬,夫妻情意历久弥新。这些年风雨同舟,总是不离不弃。此刻恰好回到20年前的起点,只是脸有沧桑意,心怀世间情。人生的欢趣悲苦、奥秘神妙,我俩都已知之不少。经此种种,我俩还是紧紧依偎。这些年来,我对你的深情从没一刻放下。

注:乔布斯一书的大陆译文出来后,网上一片骂声。我想与其谩骂,不如自己动手译。故有此文。
Collapse

wherestip
United States
Chinese to English
+ ...
Shaun 的译文 Nov 3, 2011

Shaun 翻得很好。 别的不多说,朴实的感情掌握得很有分寸。

ysun
ysun  Identity Verified
United States
English to Chinese
+ ...
没错 Nov 3, 2011

wherestip wrote:

本来 Steve Jobs 向太太表达的肺腑之言非常朴素,翻成中文却一点儿也不诚恳 - 读起来虚情假意的. Excuse me for saying so, but these translations are so pretentious.

[Edited at 2011-11-03 21:34 GMT]

Steve Jobs 又不是那“总是满口之乎者也”的孔乙己。现如今,连奥巴马的演说也要译成文言文。似乎不这样就不能算高水平。乱用文体,首先就违反了翻译的基本原则。

Zhoudan
Zhoudan  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:16
English to Chinese
+ ...
bad times 苦年头 Nov 4, 2011

苦年头,我感觉是生活条件差。原文中乔布斯的意思应该是两人在一起不愉快的日子。不知你们怎么看。

pkchan wrote:

by Shaun Yeo 《天下文章乱乱翻》

Years passed, kids came, good times, hard times, but never bad times.
而后,日子一年过一年,跟着孩子来了;好年头曾有过,坏年头也曾有过,但就是没过苦年头。

wherestip
United States
Chinese to English
+ ...
bad times Nov 4, 2011

Zhoudan wrote:

bad times 苦年头

苦年头,我感觉是生活条件差。原文中乔布斯的意思应该是两人在一起不愉快的日子。不知你们怎么看。

Years passed, kids came, good times, hard times, but never bad times.

你说得对。 他意思是 日子有圆满,有挫折,但从来没有不愉快。

另外应注意的是 "hard times" 不是指生活条件上差,而是指人生道路上的坎坷、困难,比如他 2003 年诊断出癌症以及之后的手术、治疗 等等。

昨晚看一个 PBS 的节目,说 Steve Jobs 21岁就是 millionaire 了。 He was worth $10 million by age 22, and was worth $100 million by age 23 ...

他结婚时 36 岁。不用说,那时早已是巨富了。

[Edited at 2011-11-04 20:50 GMT]

James_xia
James_xia  Identity Verified
China
English to Chinese
+ ...
理解是关键 Nov 4, 2011

wherestip wrote:

Shaun 翻得很好。 别的不多说,朴实的感情掌握得很有分寸。

与wherestip感受一样,Shaun 的译句读来有历经世事的那分成熟和练达!前述提供的那几段译文来说,问题基本都出在对原文语境的理解上。翻译时似乎过于学究式,追求华丽用词和局部修饰,未及细致考察作者当时行文心情,使译文不免显得有些自我化了。

Ivan Niu
Ivan Niu  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 10:16
Member (2011)
English to Chinese
完全同意 Nov 4, 2011

完全同意 原文朴实无华 译文有点天花乱坠

wherestip wrote:

本来 Steve Jobs 向太太表达的肺腑之言非常朴素,翻成中文却一点儿也不诚恳 - 读起来虚情假意的. Excuse me for saying so, but these translations are so pretentious.

[Edited at 2011-11-03 21:34 GMT]

wherestip
United States
Chinese to English
+ ...
文章原义 Nov 4, 2011

谢谢 James and Ivan 两位。

很同意你们说的。 真正理解原文确实是关键的第一步,否则是很难翻得好的。

[Edited at 2011-11-04 22:55 GMT]

ysun
ysun  Identity Verified
United States
English to Chinese
+ ...
Fake Apple Stores, fake iPhones, and fake Steve Jobs Biographies Nov 4, 2011

Fake Steve Jobs Biographies Are Now Everywhere In China
(Posted: Sep 7, 2011)
http://micgadget.com/15380/fake-steve-jobs-biographies-are-now-everywhere-in-china/
We’d previously reported on a fake Steve Jobs biography that was being ranked as the fifth among the best-selling financial books in a book store located in Taiwan. Today, we see lots of fake Steve Jobs biographies in the book stores from mainland China. If you can’t wait for the official Steve Jobs biography, why not pick up a fake one? They start from 38 yuan ($6), very affordable.

Fake iPhone Ring Busted: Chinese Police Arrest Five In Shanghai
(Posted: 9/29/11)
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/09/29/fake-iphone-ring-busted-china-shanghai_n_986876.html
Various pirated versions of iPhones can also be easily found. 'hiPhone 5' phones, which are based on leaked images of the yet-to-be-launched iPhone 5, are being sold in markets and on the Internet.

An American blogger set off a media storm in July after she posted pictures of an elaborate fake Apple Store in Kunming, selling genuine if unauthorized iPhones, Macbooks and other widely popular Apple products.

Chinese authorities find 22 fake Apple stores
(12 August 20110)
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-14503724
Staff in the original fake shop believed they were working in a real Apple store

[Edited at 2011-11-04 22:16 GMT]

wherestip
United States
Chinese to English
+ ...
什么都骗 Nov 4, 2011

ysun wrote:

Fake Apple Store, fake iPhone, fake Steve Jobs Biographies

Nothing is sacred anymore. It's a sad state of affairs.

ysun
ysun  Identity Verified
United States
English to Chinese
+ ...
让一部分人先富起来 Nov 4, 2011

再让一部分人先堕落下去。

wherestip wrote:

Nothing is sacred anymore. It's a sad state of affairs.

[Edited at 2011-11-04 23:34 GMT]

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

据传《乔布斯传》的译文是……

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »