Thread poster: Han Li
wonita (X)
wonita (X)
China
Local time: 23:45
明白了 Apr 22, 2011

Han Li wrote:

Bin Tiede wrote:

PayPal在德国只收1.5欧的底金加汇款金额的3.5%,怎么到了中国就成了10%?

不过这也可能和中国的PayPal政策有关,也许它们在中国要交很多税,就跟中国进口的高档消费品一样,在国外就便宜。

[Bearbeitet am 2011-04-22 14:39 GMT]

我是说收到钱的时候是37美元,再往国内汇的时候又35美元,这样合起来就将近10%了。不知道存不存在重复收费问题,这样的问题给PayPal投诉是没用的,我就想向一个第三方监管机构投诉,不知道有没有这样的地方?

这个恐怕比较难了,因为问题是出在Paypal和中国银行的转账上,没有这个费用价格和德国差不多。在欧元国家从Paypal向银行汇钱是免费的,可能和欧元区各国银行之间的协议有关,因为欧元区各国之间银行转账也免费,Paypal的欧洲总部设在卢森堡。

问题的关键在于Paypal和中国银行之间没有免费转账协议。

Zhoudan
Zhoudan  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:45
English to Chinese
+ ...
据说往国内汇的35美元不是PayPal收的 Apr 22, 2011

你可以多笔款攒在一起,凑足1000-2000再往国内提款。

Han Li wrote:

Bin Tiede wrote:

PayPal在德国只收1.5欧的底金加汇款金额的3.5%,怎么到了中国就成了10%?

不过这也可能和中国的PayPal政策有关,也许它们在中国要交很多税,就跟中国进口的高档消费品一样,在国外就便宜。

[Bearbeitet am 2011-04-22 14:39 GMT]

我是说收到钱的时候是37美元,再往国内汇的时候又35美元,这样合起来就将近10%了。不知道存不存在重复收费问题,这样的问题给PayPal投诉是没用的,我就想向一个第三方监管机构投诉,不知道有没有这样的地方?

Han Li
Han Li  Identity Verified
China
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
难道就这样被剥削吗? Apr 23, 2011

Zhoudan wrote:

你可以多笔款攒在一起,凑足1000-2000再往国内提款。

看来也只有忍气吞声了,能不用还是不用PayPal了。

kenny2006woo (X)
kenny2006woo (X)

English to Chinese
多谢Bin Tiede Apr 23, 2011

Bin Tiede wrote:

kenny2006woo wrote:

Han Li wrote:

kenny2006woo wrote:

我接过一笔电汇。一个小单子,翻译费是一百多美元,客户打钱过来,到账的也正好是那么多,可能是客户承担了手续费。我想问下,电汇手续费高么?不知道用哪种收款方式最省钱。貌似还是离不开这个paypal.

[Edited at 2011-04-21 05:08 GMT]

好像从美国来是16~25美元的样子,反正有的说16,有的说22,有的说21,都碰到过。我接触的大部分翻译公司都是主动承担了汇费。

有劳韩立兄相告。看来可能是各大银行收费不同。以后若是可以,就跟客户商量用电汇,省点钱。:)

从国外向中国汇款不能直接到账,中间有一个中转行,它们收取很高的电汇中转费用,而且各个中转行的收费标准不一样。我从德国向中国汇款,不论金额多少,德国这边银行只收5欧的费用,其他的费用是中转行和接收银行的费用。它们的费用和电汇金额有关。比方说每汇一次钱收取一定的底金,再加上汇款金额的百分之几(好像是百分之一、二左右)。我以前汇款好像至少要付20美元的费用(包括国内银行的所有费用),哪怕你只汇10个欧;最多一次汇了两千多欧,好像交了四十多美元的费用。总之,电汇适合付大笔款项,否则费用太高。

汇款时我要在银行填一个单子,上面有一栏是谁支付转账费用。下面有三项:1.谁支付德国银行的费用;2. 谁支付中转银行的费用;3. 谁支付接收银行的费用。每项下面有两个答案供选择:付款人或接收人。有些译社缺德,付给翻译十多欧还要让翻译支付后两项费用,最后钱到译者银行上竟然是负数!

多谢Bin Tiede细心解释。

wherestip
wherestip  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 22:45
Chinese to English
+ ...
PayPal Fees Apr 23, 2011

Han Li,

Sorry to hear about your frustration with the substantial fees you've been charged.

I did a little digging for you.

http://www.proz.com/forum/money_matters/155939-is_there_typically_invoice_surcharge.html

The above t
... See more
Han Li,

Sorry to hear about your frustration with the substantial fees you've been charged.

http://www.proz.com/forum/money_matters/155939-is_there_typically_invoice_surcharge.html

The above thread of discussion might explain where that initial $37 surcharge came from. Your client may very well have paid PayPal with a credit card, which typically would result in a surcharge based on a percentage of the transaction. As you can see from the discussion, even for a recipient residing in the United States, a (2.9% + $0.30) transaction fee is deducted right off the bat if the payer chooses to use a credit card for payment out of his business transfer account.

I remember looking this up a while ago when lbone was looking into accepting credit card payments. Credit card companies charge the merchants a percentage on every transaction, roughly anywhere from 3 to 5 percent. So, of course PayPal has to pass that cost on to its users. Actually, just like Zhoudan mentioned, all payment transactions from a PayPal business account (versus a personal account) are subject to a percentage surcharge, no matter what method of payment. That is probably PayPal's business model, not only to simplify things, but also to make more money off of its bigger business accounts.

Now, what about the other charge of $35 that you incurred?

According to the following chart of PayPal's, its withdrawal fee by wire transfer to a bank located in China is a flat fee of $35. Oddly enough, there seems to be no charge whatsoever for the same wire transfer to banks located in the majority of other countries. I think Bin is correct that this is due to the lack of an agreement between PayPal and the various Chinese banks as a whole. Well, call me skeptical, but who ends up with that $35 fee is anyone's guess.

https://www.paypal.com/c2/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-withdrawal-fees-outside&dispatch=5885d80a13c0db1f8e263663d3faee8d5863a909c4bb5aeebb52c6e1151bdaa9

As the chart also shows, a cheaper alternative is to request a withdrawal by check. But by using this method, time could be a factor. According to this next link, it might take up to 6 weeks for the check to be issued. Six weeks is indeed a long time to wait!

Zhoudan mentioned that from her experience, she only had to wait for about 5~7 days. IMO that could very well be the norm. PayPal probably needed to specify a worst-case scenario just to cover all possibilities.

https://www.paypal.com/c2/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=xpt/Marketing/general/CNHubCNBankWithdraw-outside

Notice also the promotional rate of $20 for wire transfers that the last link is advertising. I would think it's for a limited time only.

[Edited at 2011-04-24 00:33 GMT]
Collapse

Zhoudan
Zhoudan  Identity Verified
English to Chinese
+ ...
5-7 days for e-check to clear Apr 24, 2011

Not for withdrawal money from PayPal. When someone sends money by e-check via PayPal, the recipient has to wait 5-7 days for the e-check to clear. That means the recipient will not receive the actual money in his PayPal account until 5-7 days later. This is different from requesting a withdrawal by check, which is issued by PayPal.

wherestip wrote:

As the chart also shows, a cheaper alternative is to request a withdrawal by check. But by using this method, time could be a factor. According to this next link, it might take up to 6 weeks for the check to be issued. Six weeks is indeed a long time to wait!

Zhoudan mentioned that from her experience, she only had to wait for about 5~7 days.

wherestip
United States
Chinese to English
+ ...
Info Copied from PayPal Acct Apr 24, 2011

Zhoudan wrote:

Not for withdrawal money from PayPal. When someone sends money by e-check via PayPal, the recipient has to wait 5-7 days for the e-check to clear. That means the recipient will not receive the actual money in his PayPal account until 5-7 days later. This is different from requesting a withdrawal by check, which is issued by PayPal.

wherestip wrote:

Zhoudan mentioned that from her experience, she only had to wait for about 5~7 days.

Zhoudan,

I see. Sorry about that; that was my mistake.

Here's some info I just gathered by logging into my PayPal account. Actually, I hardly ever have a need to use it.

What is an eCheck?
An eCheck is a payment that you make directly from your bank account.

Just like a regular check, it usually takes between 3 and 5 business days for an eCheck to clear and the money to appear in the recipient’s PayPal account.

Both eChecks and Instant Transfers are ways to pay with your bank account. With an eCheck, the recipient receives the money in a few days. With an Instant Transfer, the recipient receives the money right away.

To send an eCheck, just link your bank account to your PayPal account.

Linking your bank account is easy and fast. If you do online banking, you can usually link your bank account in just a few minutes.  Once you’ve linked your bank, using it to pay for things is secure. Merchants get paid but they never see your bank account details. They won’t even know what bank you use.

How do I use eCheck?
Here's how to send an eCheck:
1. Log in to your PayPal account.
2. Click Send Money.
3. Enter the required information.
4. Click Continue.
5. Click Change.
6. Select eCheck.
7. Click Continue.
8. Review the information and click Send Money to complete the transaction.

Why does it take so long for my recipient's account balance to reflect my eCheck payment?
It can take several business days for your eCheck transfer to complete and the recipient can use the funds from your payment. Here are estimates based on which country your bank account is from.
U.S. - up to 4 business days
Canada - up to 8 business days
UK - up to 9 working days
Australia - 7-8 working days  
Your eCheck payment does not appear in your recipient's balance until the transfer is complete.

wherestip
United States
Chinese to English
+ ...
A reasonable request to clients Apr 24, 2011

Yes, Zhoudan is correct. PayPal charges a flat fee of $5 for payments by eCheck.

http://www.rx7club.com/showthread.php?t=644854

Want to save money? Send payment via Paypal E-Check method (provided you have adequate funds in your bank account), and pay only a $5 FLAT FEE on ALL Paypal transactions, regardless of how large they are!

[Edited at 2011-04-24 02:23 GMT]

Huijun Suo
Huijun Suo  Identity Verified
China
English to Chinese
+ ...
建议对方直接汇到银行帐户 Apr 24, 2011

数额较大的建议还是问一下客户是否可以直接汇到你的银行帐户。最近一次收账,客户明确告诉我,汇到我的招行帐户,对方银行不收取他们任何手续费,而钱到我账上也只少了5美元。国内其他银行我不清楚,反正招行是这样的。如何操作招行网站上有说明,一点也不麻烦。

扣的这37美元可能就是对方用信用卡支付造成的,我的就是这样给升格为付费帐户的。当然你还有一次机会将自己降格为先前的个人免费帐户,但你以后将不能再接受信用卡付款。如果这次你接受了,等到下次又有人用信用卡给你支付而且你又接受了,你的帐户就永远是收钱付费的了,不能再降格了。

回避高收费的方法就是让自己有更多的选择,采用最经济的方式把钱收回来。

[Edited at 2011-04-24 12:06 GMT]

Han Li
Han Li  Identity Verified
China
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for the usefule information! Apr 25, 2011

wherestip wrote:

Han Li,

……

Thank you, Mr. wherestip! I think e-Check is a better choice for me next time. I will discuss it with my clients next time.

Sanjun Sun
Sanjun Sun  Identity Verified
English to Chinese
喜欢MoneyBookers Apr 25, 2011

我个人喜欢用MoneyBookers,Paypal手续费太高了。

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

超快的MoneyBookers和超令人不爽的Paypal

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »