Williamson
Williamson  Identity Verified
Verenigd Koninkrijk
Local time: 19:09
Vlaams naar Engels
+ ...
Jul 17, 2007

I have two questions:
1. How long can a pc be switch-on without interruption before the Hard-disk crashes. After 12 hours my h.d. starts to make a singing noise.

2. I've installed Windows Media Player 11 under Windows XPSP2. Media player is embedded in a couple of broadcasters' streaming services. Where there were no problems with Media Player 10, I get a purple screen and only sound. Does anybody have any solution for this problem.

Bruce Popp
Bruce Popp  Identity Verified
Verenigde Staten
Local time: 11:09
Frans naar Engels
replace the HD Jul 17, 2007

Williamson wrote:

my h.d. starts to make a singing noise.

Maybe I'm paranoid about data loss, but I think it's high-time to replace the hard drive. The singing could be a bearing going bad and if the bearing seizes, no magic can get your data back.

Bruce

Textklick
Textklick  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:09
Duits naar Engels
+ ...
In memoriam
Gotta remote hard drive Willamson? Jul 17, 2007

I hope so! Sounds like now's the time to backup.

Chris

Nicholas Ferreira
Nicholas Ferreira  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 14:09
Spaans naar Engels
+ ...
One step back... Jul 17, 2007

Williamson wrote:

2. I've installed Windows Media Player 11 under Windows XPSP2. Media player is embedded in a couple of broadcasters' streaming services. Where there were no problems with Media Player 10, I get a purple screen and only sound. Does anybody have any solution for this problem.

I tried MP11 also, but didn't like it at all, so I backtracked to WMP10 and things are going well. You could try the same.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Windows Media Player 11

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »