Thread poster: Dewinta Maharani
Dewinta Maharani
Dewinta Maharani  Identity Verified
Indonesia
Local time: 10:13
English to Indonesian
+ ...
Jun 24, 2007

I frequently receive transcription jobs which using Sony Digital Voice Editor 2. Unfortunately, due to poor recording quality, my transcription results getting imperfect. Anybody know how to improve the quality of the DVF file, to produce audible sound for this transcription purpose?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Dewinta

PAS
PAS  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:13
Polish to English
+ ...
Can't get something from nothing Jun 24, 2007

If the original recording is of poor quality, you will never get it to sound like a crystalline CD.

There are tools to remove noise and maybe equalize the sound to bring out the recorded voice, but it will still be unclear.

The tools below are free, but you need to learn how to use them. They are not "click once to improve".
Also, I do not know if they will be able to read the DVF format. You may need to convert the Sony file to a format such as WAV to be able to
... See more
If the original recording is of poor quality, you will never get it to sound like a crystalline CD.

There are tools to remove noise and maybe equalize the sound to bring out the recorded voice, but it will still be unclear.

The tools below are free, but you need to learn how to use them. They are not "click once to improve".
Also, I do not know if they will be able to read the DVF format. You may need to convert the Sony file to a format such as WAV to be able to edit it in other audio processing software.

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

http://www.nch.com.au/wavepad/index.html#TOP

Pawel Skalinski

[Edited at 2007-06-24 10:20]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Improving Sound Quality of DVF File

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »