Ivana de Sousa Santos
Ivana de Sousa Santos  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 15:05
French to Portuguese
+ ...
May 10, 2006

Hello!

Does anyone know a (easy... is tha possible? ) way to convert JPEG into MSword?

I've got 4 texts in JPEG format and would like to convert them into MSword text in order to translate them with trados.

Thank you in advance.
Ivan

Maurizio Sansone
Maurizio Sansone
Local time: 22:05
German to Italian
+ ...
Konvertieren mit ABBYY FineReader 8.0 May 10, 2006

Hallo,
es gibt da eine recht einfache und kostengünstige Art jpeg-Dateien ins Word-Dateien umzuwandeln. Das Programm (z.B. ABBYY FineReader 8.0) analysiert die Bilddateien und wandelt den Text dann in Word um. Es gibt natürlich auch andere Programme, die das können. Dieses läßt sich allerdings als "test-and-buy" Version kostenlos herunterladen und mann kann es dann erst einmal ausgiebig testen

Liebe Gr�
... See more
Hallo,
es gibt da eine recht einfache und kostengünstige Art jpeg-Dateien ins Word-Dateien umzuwandeln. Das Programm (z.B. ABBYY FineReader 8.0) analysiert die Bilddateien und wandelt den Text dann in Word um. Es gibt natürlich auch andere Programme, die das können. Dieses läßt sich allerdings als "test-and-buy" Version kostenlos herunterladen und mann kann es dann erst einmal ausgiebig testen

Liebe Grüße aus Deutschland
Maurizio
Collapse

Peter Linton (X)
Peter Linton (X)  Identity Verified
Swedish to English
+ ...
OmniPage May 10, 2006

I use a product called OmniPage 15 from a company called Nuance, formely ScanSoft. AFAIK, it is vey similar to ABBYY FineReader mentioned in the previous answer.

It is not cheap, but it is remarkably efficient at converting graphics into editable text for use in Trados -- as long as the graphics original is legible and of reasonably good quality.

With that sort of software, you can take on jobs that would be much more labour-intensive without it.

Lincoln Silveira (X)
Lincoln Silveira (X)
Brazil
Local time: 11:05
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Consider investing in ABBYY FineReader May 10, 2006

Does anyone know a (easy... is tha possible? ) way to convert JPEG into MSword?

I would suggest you start considering investing USD$ 199.00 (I guess that's the current price) in purchasing a license for ABBYY FineReader.

You can always try before you buy, and check it our for yourself. As far as I'm concerned, it has been a handy tool for me.

Regards,

Gad Harel
Gad Harel
Israel
Local time: 17:05
English to German
+ ...
convert ay pic freeware May 10, 2006

http://www.irfanview.de/

regards
gad harel

[Edited at 2006-05-10 18:39]

Ivana de Sousa Santos
Ivana de Sousa Santos  Identity Verified
Portugal
French to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you everybody May 10, 2006

for your answers and specially Uldis for converting my documents this time.

I will actually consider investing in one of those.

Best regards,
Ivana

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Convert JPEG into word

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »