searching for a pdf splitter
Thread poster: Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
Local time: 20:12
English to German
+ ...
Mar 2, 2006

Hi all, I am urgently in search of a good pdf file splitter-tool. I have a rather very huge document about 42 MB, and need to split it in equal parts, so that it can be OCRed and converted to doc, to be processed in parts. I am using acrobat 7.0 prof. and it doesn´t have a facility for this. I shall be most thankful for right directive. Best Brandis

Roberta Anderson
Roberta Anderson  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2001)
English to Italian
+ ...
I used ARTS PDF Split & Merge Mar 2, 2006

I used an earlier version of ARTS PDF Split & Merge
(http://www.artspdf.com/arts_split_and_merge.asp)
for handling complex splitting and merging jobs - worked fine for me.
I see they have a trial version, but I do not know if it has limitations of any kind.

You might also want to check out other possibilities
... See more
I see they have a trial version, but I do not know if it has limitations of any kind.

You might also want to check out other possibilities in www.pdfzone.com or www.planetpdf.com

cheers,
Roberta
Collapse

Uldis Liepkalns
Uldis Liepkalns  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 21:12
Member (2003)
English to Latvian
+ ...
Full Acrobat should do Mar 2, 2006

please see the dropdown menu on the left vertical pane (to see that, click on "pages" on the left vertical pane). In dropdown toolbar which will appear in that pane thereafter, you'll see option "Extract pages", select pages, after you choose them, you'll be prompted to delete or not the pages after extracting. In any case I'd suggest to resave reserve copy of your original document before starting to experiment.

Uldis

Brandis wrote:

Hi all, I am urgently in search of a good pdf file splitter-tool. I have a rather very huge document about 42 MB, and need to split it in equal parts, so that it can be OCRed and converted to doc, to be processed in parts. I am using acrobat 7.0 prof. and it doesn´t have a facility for this. I shall be most thankful for right directive. Best Brandis

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
You guys are just great Mar 2, 2006

Uldis Liepkalns wrote:

please see the dropdown menu on the left vertical pane (to see that, click on "pages" on the left vertical pane). In dropdown toolbar which will appear in that pane thereafter, you'll see option "Extract pages", select pages, after you choose them, you'll be prompted to delete or not the pages after extracting. In any case I'd suggest to resave reserve copy of your original document before starting to experiment.

Uldis

Brandis wrote:

Thank you very much Roberta and Uldis, the Arts stuff seems to be the right tool. Best Brandis

LaTecniK
LaTecniK
Venezuela
Local time: 14:12
Spanish to English
+ ...
Just use a PDF to Word converter Mar 2, 2006

Hi,

You don´t need to OCR, just search for a PDF to Word converter tool. If you search good, you might find a free one...

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Autocad (vector drawings) with text content Mar 2, 2006

latecnik wrote:

Hi,

You don´t need to OCR, just search for a PDF to Word converter tool. If you search good, you might find a free one...

Does it still go. At places the text is as small as 4pt. Thank you for the tip.Brandis

Piotr Bienkowski
Piotr Bienkowski  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
FineReader 8 should do it Mar 3, 2006

Brandis wrote:

It can import a range of pages from a PDF file.

Piotr

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
as always you are great Apr 21, 2006

Roberta Anderson wrote:

You might also want to check out other possibilities in www.pdfzone.com or www.planetpdf.com

cheers,
Roberta
thank you that tool was just the right type to split and merge large documents. Best Brandis

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

searching for a pdf splitter

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »