Joy Lewis
Barbados
Local time: 14:14
Member (2007)
French to English
+ ...
Aug 5, 2005

Hello All,

I've only recently (45 min. ago) found out about Translation Office 3000 Version 7.0. What does it do? How effectively does it do it? And is it user friendly?

Thanks in advance for all replies.

Peter Linton (X)
Peter Linton (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:14
Swedish to English
+ ...
TO3000 handles business side of translation Aug 6, 2005

If you have a number of clients, and jobs of different shapes and sizes, you need some way to handle the business aspects - keeping track of each project from the first contact to final payment, including sending out accurate professional-looking invoices. You can do this by keeping notes, using spreadsheets, downloading invoice templates and adapting these to your requirements.

That is what I did to start with, but it soon became clear that it is all too easy to lose track of indiv
... See more
If you have a number of clients, and jobs of different shapes and sizes, you need some way to handle the business aspects - keeping track of each project from the first contact to final payment, including sending out accurate professional-looking invoices. You can do this by keeping notes, using spreadsheets, downloading invoice templates and adapting these to your requirements.

That is what I did to start with, but it soon became clear that it is all too easy to lose track of individual projects, the terms agreed, deadlines, special requirements, if and when payment has arrived etc - simply getting lost in a morass of information. I bought TO3000, and my experience is that it has made it much easier to manage the business aspects. TO enables you to set up details about each customer, contact details, then to enter each new job as it arrives, keep track of all current jobs, invoice completed jobs, and to record payments. There are plenty more facilities, and many different configurable settings. You have to be rigorous about entering correct and timely information, but given that, TO saves much time and effort and enables you to focus on translation, not administration.
Collapse

sorchio
sorchio
Germany
Local time: 20:14
English to German
Try it out Aug 6, 2005

Hi Joy,

AiT offers a 30-day trial of Translation Office 3000 which you can download here. So, you might want to try it out for yourself and see if it suits your needs.

Greetings,
Rebecca

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translation Office 3000 Version 7.0

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »