Project history - since when do I have to idenfy the outsourcer?
Thread poster: Manuela Junghans
Manuela Junghans
Manuela Junghans  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 15:41
Member (2004)
English to German
+ ...
Nov 4, 2023

Hi all

I´ve been gradually adding to my project history over many many years.

I just wanted to add another few projects, but it does not work anymore. Seems I now would have to "identify the outsourcer" by either blueboard ref, some sort of ID or manually entering it.

I have no real intention of doing that. Does that mean I cannot add to my project history anymore?

Anyone else having this issue?

Thanks for comments.

M
... See more
Hi all

I´ve been gradually adding to my project history over many many years.

I just wanted to add another few projects, but it does not work anymore. Seems I now would have to "identify the outsourcer" by either blueboard ref, some sort of ID or manually entering it.

I have no real intention of doing that. Does that mean I cannot add to my project history anymore?

Anyone else having this issue?

Thanks for comments.

Manuela
Collapse

Zea_Mays
Zea_Mays  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
works for me Nov 4, 2023

I am able to add projects, I just get a pop up asking if I want to submit the project to the client for corroboration or not (but I add very few details).
In turn, changing the project order does not work. :-/ There's just a window with plain text.
Also options to expand sections on the profile page don't work, some javascripts?

[Bearbeitet am 2023-11-04 15:57 GMT]

Manuela Junghans
Germany
Member (2004)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Hi Zea Nov 5, 2023

Thanks for your reply. I´m getting the same pop-up about the corroberation. That´s some annoying novely that turned up a few months ago, but clicking on that button ends with being told that I have to identify the outsource. Adding projects worked fine over many years, until it stopped working now without any reason. I´ve sent them a support ticket now.

Lieven Malaise
Lieven Malaise
Belgium
Member (2020)
French to Dutch
+ ...
I have known nothing else Nov 6, 2023

I'm only a member since the year 2000 and I add projects on a regular basis to my history. Every single time I have identified the outsource because, as you said, there is no other way.

On a side-note : I think it's fair to ask to identify the outsourcer. Otherwise translators could add non-existing projects as much as they want. Having to identify the outsourcer, this probably won't happen.

Zea_Mays
Italy
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
I still can add projects without corroboration Nov 6, 2023

And this makes sense - most of my outsourcers don't allow me to share details of the projects I'm involved in or their name,
and I'm not interested in sharing details with potential competitors either (sorry guys).
But I have never used this feature consistently.

Lieven Malaise
Lieven Malaise
Belgium
Member (2020)
French to Dutch
+ ...
Corroboration Nov 6, 2023

Zea_Mays wrote:
And this makes sense - most of my outsourcers don't allow me to share details of the projects I'm involved in or their name,
and I'm not interested in sharing details with potential competitors either (sorry guys).
But I have never used this feature consistently.

Yes, that has always been possible. But Manuela is talking about outsourcer identification in the project history. That identification is anonymous (only visible to the translator). I'm not sure, but I have always guessed that the outsourcer gets some sort of notification every time a translator enters an identification for a project.

Zea_Mays
Italy
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
Added a new project - had to remove a tick mark Nov 6, 2023

There is the option "Submit to the outsourcer for corroboration and feedback" with a box with a tick mark in it.
I removed the tick mark in that box and publication worked.

Lieven Malaise
Lieven Malaise
Belgium
Member (2020)
French to Dutch
+ ...
. Nov 6, 2023

Zea_Mays wrote:
There is the option "Submit to the outsourcer for corroboration and feedback" with a box with a tick mark in it.
I removed the tick mark in that box and publication worked.

And you didn't have to enter "outsourcer information" first (before the request to submit for corroboration) ?

That's weird. I know for sure in the past that I wasn't able to publish a project without entering the outsourcer information. Perhaps it changed. I'll have a look at it if I enter another project in the future.

Zea_Mays

Zea_Mays
Italy
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
@Lieven: Add a project for testing purposes Nov 6, 2023

You don't have to publish it (it is unpublished by default if you don't change this setting while entering the information).
And yes, I did not enter any client information, as it is no one's business knowing this. Even if it would not be publicly visible, it would be still in the system.

Manuela Junghans
Germany
Member (2004)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
@Lieven @Zea Nov 6, 2023

The problem has been solved with the support ticket. It´s right that I had to remove a tick mark (which seemingly wasn´t ticked before, not sure how it happened).

But what sense would it make if the outsourcer ID would only be visible to the translator. I already know who the outsource is.
And how annoying would it be for clients if they got a notification everytime someone entered a new project...

I agree that outsourcer info should never be published for confi
... See more
The problem has been solved with the support ticket. It´s right that I had to remove a tick mark (which seemingly wasn´t ticked before, not sure how it happened).

But what sense would it make if the outsourcer ID would only be visible to the translator. I already know who the outsource is.
And how annoying would it be for clients if they got a notification everytime someone entered a new project...

I agree that outsourcer info should never be published for confidentiality reasons, hence it did not want to share that info.

In any case, it´s solved now. Thanks for your input
Collapse

Zea_Mays

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Project history - since when do I have to idenfy the outsourcer?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »