Thread poster: Miyoung Park
Miyoung Park
Miyoung Park  Identity Verified
South Korea
Local time: 00:21
English to Korean
Dec 13, 2017

DQ6oGshXUAchxGz

I was going to upgrade my ProZ.com membership and could not finish it. Though I chose South Korea, all the regions were North Korean ones.

It is not the first time I found this kind of problem on ProZ.com. When I first registered on ProZ.com, I didn`t understand why my local time on ProZ.com account was GMT+8:30 instead of GMT +9. Later I found GMT+8:30 was North Korean Time and edited it right. Still, I see many fellow South Korean members with 30 minutes wrong time zone.

Next, I downloaded ProZ.com app and checked my profile. It said my nationality '북한(North Korea)' so I reported this bug and got it fixed.

This South/North Korea address issue is just getting annoying now.

Yana Dovgopol
Yana Dovgopol
Local time: 18:21
SITE STAFF
All issues indicated should be already fixed Dec 14, 2017

mypark wrote:

DQ6oGshXUAchxGz

I was going to upgrade my ProZ.com membership and could not finish it. Though I chose South Korea, all the regions were North Korean ones.

It is not the first time I found this kind of problem on ProZ.com. When I first registered on ProZ.com, I didn`t understand why my local time on ProZ.com account was GMT+8:30 instead of GMT +9. Later I found GMT+8:30 was North Korean Time and edited it right. Still, I see many fellow South Korean members with 30 minutes wrong time zone.

Next, I downloaded ProZ.com app and checked my profile. It said my nationality '북한(North Korea)' so I reported this bug and got it fixed.

This South/North Korea address issue is just getting annoying now.

Dear mypark,

Thanks for reporting, and my apologies for the inconvenience.

All issues indicated by you should be already fixed. I also see that your upgrade has been already made successfully.

Hope this helps.

Bests,

Yana

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

South/North Korea address issues.

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »