Thread poster: Oliver Walter
Oliver Walter
Oliver Walter  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:49
German to English
+ ...
Nov 19, 2010

I wanted to find a topic that was no longer in the "Most Recent Posts" because its last entry was about 3 days ago (and BTW the long-requested and nearly-promised longer list of most recent posts has still not been implemented, so I didn't find it there) and I found that specifying the member's name did not work - the search always returned 0 results.
I was using Poster: search by: Name and the search returned 0 results whether I entered his surname or full name. When
... See more
I wanted to find a topic that was no longer in the "Most Recent Posts" because its last entry was about 3 days ago (and BTW the long-requested and nearly-promised longer list of most recent posts has still not been implemented, so I didn't find it there) and I found that specifying the member's name did not work - the search always returned 0 results.
I was using Poster: search by: Name and the search returned 0 results whether I entered his surname or full name. When I left "name" blank and just specified the wanted keyword, and "last 2 weeks", the posting was found.
To fix this bug: it must be made possible in "search by name" to enter the poster's surname and/or first name or pseudonym - the name by which s/he is identified in the forum postings - and receive results for that name. In Advanced Forum Search as it is at present, "name" is clearly implemented to mean something else (that we do not know or can only discover with difficulty) or perhaps is really faulty, even according to its intended specification.

Oliver
Collapse

Alejandro Cavalitto
Alejandro Cavalitto  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 09:49
Member (2008)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Could you please submit a support request? Nov 23, 2010

Dear Oliver,

Could you please submit a support request and include the information you are making the search with? It will help staff look into this and find a solution. Thank you.

Best regards,
Alejandro

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Bug in Advanced Forum Search by Name

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »