Giulia Carletti
Giulia Carletti  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2012)
English to Italian
+ ...
Jun 18, 2012

Hello!

I am a newly-graduated conference interpreter with Italian as my A language and English and Spanish as B languages.
I am really interested in the medical field, but apparently it's very hard to get started in this area, since there are not courses entirely dedicated to this subject.
I was actually thinking of moving to the UK for some time in September, and I read about the DPSI and its health option.
Do you think that this would be a good starting point? I
... See more
Hello!

I am a newly-graduated conference interpreter with Italian as my A language and English and Spanish as B languages.
I am really interested in the medical field, but apparently it's very hard to get started in this area, since there are not courses entirely dedicated to this subject.
I was actually thinking of moving to the UK for some time in September, and I read about the DPSI and its health option.
Do you think that this would be a good starting point? I would like to know if, according to you, it might be useful to certify that I have some knowledge/background in the medical field- I know you have to study a lot in order to work as an interpreter in medical conferences/translate medical documents and the like, but coudl this be a "springboard".
Thank you in advance! =)
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Interpreting in the medical field

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »