How to make my old van Dale dictionary searchable again?
Thread poster: Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
Oct 6, 2022

I was reading this:

Now with Apple making more and more legacy software like iWork '09 unusable on modern macOS (High Sierra, Mojave) it becomes all the more important to have a virtual machine available running an older version like el Capitan so these (particularly 32-bit) programs can still be used (example: modern Pages.app still lacks some 100+ features from the iWork '09 version).

Source

I decided to try if I can make my old van Dale dictionary searchable from within CafeTran Espresso again.

I run the van Dale in a virtual machine with macOS High Sierra. The host is macOS Big Sur.

As it turned out, a simple Keyboard Maestro macro was enough to make van Dale searchable again:

Screen Shot 2022-10-06 at 10.57.41

Demo:

PS I post this in the Mac forum, since CafeTran Espresso is only an example of an app here. I could have used Ms Word too.

Michael Beijer

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to make my old van Dale dictionary searchable again?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »