Shouguang Cao
Shouguang Cao  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 16:22
English to Chinese
+ ...
Done! Dec 28, 2020

Yevgeni Gerasimenko wrote:

hello, mate, nice to meet you here. Thank you for developing GT4T. Just a couple of remarks that could probably help you make your application a little bit better.
1. If you could make multitran.ru dictionaries available for the Ctrl+D dictionary search - it would be great for those who translate into the Russian language.
2. Another thing is that many translators working in pairs other than English do use English dictionaries as an intermediary step. For instance, when translating from Dutch into Russian, I sometimes cannot find the word or phrase in Dutch-Russian dictionaries and have, therefore, to look it up in Dutch-English dictionaries (I use www.linguee.nl) and only then translate it into Russian. With your application, that is impossible because GT4T automatically looks up Dutch-Russian dictionaries. If one could select the language pair for the dictionaries that is not the same as the language pair for the automatic translation, that would be really terrific. Or, perhaps, even multiple target language lookup: when I highlight a word in Dutch, I could see both Russian and English equivalents and have a better idea of what it could possibly mean in this context.

Thank you Yevgeni. You can now set target language for dictionaries separately. Please download and install to update: https://gt4t.net/

Capture

It's nice to meet you too here Happy new year.

Yevgeni Gerasimenko
Yevgeni Gerasimenko
Ukraine
Local time: 10:22
Dutch to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
gt4t is a masterpiece Dec 28, 2020

amazing! I love your product

Shouguang Cao

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

An application to translate the hightlighted text using google translate api

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »