Yasmin Moslem
Yasmin Moslem  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 12:15
English to Arabic
Glossum Sep 16, 2012

Dear Pavel and Samuel,

Does Glossum work now with OmegaT? I still get the message:

Could not login to Glossum, please verify "glossum.properties" file exists and contains correct credentials.

I have added the plugin jar to: "C:\Program Files\OmegaT\plugins" and glossum.properties to "C:\Program Files\OmegaT".

Do I miss something?

Many thanks in advance!

Kind regards,
Yasmin

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 11:15
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
New URL for GlossLookup v2 Mar 20, 2013

Samuel Murray wrote:
GlossLookup looks up words in a sentence in a glossary, and looks up glossary terms in the same sentence. Essentially, the script does two separate types of searches, one after the other. In the first search, it checks to see if any of the whole source text of any glossary entries occurs in the sentence. In the second search, it checks if any of the words in the sentence occur in the source text of all glossary entries. The results are output to HTML, then opened in a browser.

1. I assume your glossary is named 'glossary.txt' and that is in the script's own directory
2. I assume that your glossary is UTF8 with so-called BOM (can be changed in the code)

Shortcuts:
Ctrl + C = Copy selection to clipboard (normal Windows function)
WinKey + C = Look up the text on the clipboard
WinKey + V = Attempt to copy all (e.g. whole segment, whole page, etc.) before looking it up
WinKey + Q = Exit the program (or right-click its icon in the systray)

The glossary format is tab-delimited plain text, with at least two columns per line.

A user wrote to me about this script, so I added it to my web site again. It is here:
http://leuce.com/autoit/glosslookup%20v2.zip

[Edited at 2013-03-20 18:53 GMT]

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 11:15
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
New version of GlossLookup Oct 4, 2020

Hello everyone

There is a new version of GlossLookup which I created for a specific purpose of my own:
http://www.leuce.com/autoit/GlossLookup5.zip

This version does not work with a hotkey and is intended for doing a glossary lookup on an entire text of about 5-10 kilobytes. It first loads up to 4 glossaries and then compares it to the clipboard, and outputs t
... See more
Hello everyone

There is a new version of GlossLookup which I created for a specific purpose of my own:
http://www.leuce.com/autoit/GlossLookup5.zip

This version does not work with a hotkey and is intended for doing a glossary lookup on an entire text of about 5-10 kilobytes. It first loads up to 4 glossaries and then compares it to the clipboard, and outputs the results in an HTML table.

It's not super fast: a 7500 line glossary takes 15 seconds to load and 20 seconds to compare against 5 kilobytes of source text. Also it doesn't do stemming etc., so it's very primitive.

I use it for a project where I'm forced to work in a browser-based CAT tool, and I can't display my own glossary in it, and the team for my language have compiled an unofficial glossary of their own over the years which isn't part of the client's glossary either. And I need to be able to do glossary lookups in all three these glossaries (plus a blacklist, which the client's CAT tool doesn't have either), because the reviewers assume that I have a perfect memory. Fortunately, I'm able to download the client's glossary. And fortunately, it's possible to export the source text.

Unlike the previous version of this script, this version doesn't look for words from the copied text in the glossary: it only looks for words from the glossary in the copied text, but that's just perfect for me because I shun fancy things like, well.

Again, if anyone knows of another program or script that can do this, I'm all ears.

[Edited at 2020-10-04 21:17 GMT]
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Freeware glossary lookup tool wanted

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »