Frank Zou  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 04:29
Member (2016)
Chinese to English
+ ...
May 19, 2016

Anyone has encountered this before?

It shows in the editor that every unit has been translated, but after I exported it to get my target text, I found the latter half of the file remains the original language. I've never experienced this before.

Any help would be appreciated.

Maria De Rose
Maria De Rose  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 16:29
Member (2016)
English to Italian
+ ...
Trados missing translation May 19, 2016

I actuallly had a serious problem with trados, I was working on a long translation with 40% match @ 100% and when I exported the translation I found that most of the 100% matches were wrong.

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 21:29
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
Are you sure May 19, 2016

you are looking at the right file? The converted file should be in the target language folder of your project (unless you haven't saved it specifically in a special place).

Frank Zou
China
Member (2016)
Chinese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved May 20, 2016

Yes, I'm sure. And the problem was solved by cutting off the latter half of the file and paste it into a new file. And then put the new file into Trados, have it translated with perfect match and TM, export it, and finally merge the new file with the original one. This way, I get a fully translated document.

It's quite odd, though. I've never encountered such incident before.

I also had the problem of "could not get the last child", which can only be solved by clearing
... See more
Yes, I'm sure. And the problem was solved by cutting off the latter half of the file and paste it into a new file. And then put the new file into Trados, have it translated with perfect match and TM, export it, and finally merge the new file with the original one. This way, I get a fully translated document.

I also had the problem of "could not get the last child", which can only be solved by clearing up all the formatting in the original text. The trick that SDL Team provides doesn't work very well. Hopefully this bug can be solved very soon.
Collapse

Francesco Varotto
Francesco Varotto  Identity Verified
Member (2021)
English to Italian
+ ...
RTF files May 20, 2016

I'm glad you find a way to sort out the problem.
It happened to me a couple of times with rtf files.
Apparently Studio doesn't handle them very well.
So I created an empty memory and I updated it just with the content of the rtf translated file, then I converted the source file in a docx format and I re-translated the file from scratch using the memory created before.
At the end using the Save Target as option I was able to to get a target file fully translated.

Frank Zou
China
Member (2016)
Chinese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for the input May 21, 2016

Basically, doc files are easier to handle than docx files for me so far.

I often have problems exporting translated pdf-converted doc or docx files

I think it's always a good practice to Pseudo-translate the original text and then export it to make sure it works in Trados.

Also, sometimes client requires the delivery to be bilingual by paragraph, but what Trados 2015 presents is by sentence, which makes me miss Trados 2007 workbench. I wonder if there's a
... See more
Basically, doc files are easier to handle than docx files for me so far.

I often have problems exporting translated pdf-converted doc or docx files

I think it's always a good practice to Pseudo-translate the original text and then export it to make sure it works in Trados.

Also, sometimes client requires the delivery to be bilingual by paragraph, but what Trados 2015 presents is by sentence, which makes me miss Trados 2007 workbench. I wonder if there's a way to make it paragraph-to-paragraph translatable in Trados 2015 editor, too; I know it's possible to edit the original and put several sentences into one translation unit, but it's too troublesome. You guys have any ideas?
Collapse

Ahmad Al Khatib (X)
Ahmad Al Khatib (X)
United States
Local time: 16:29
Arabic to English
+ ...
Thank you for the solution Nov 23, 2016

I had the same issue today as I was working on a large file. I got frustrated but then I read your post and did exactly the same and it worked out.

Thanks

eradicate wrote:

I also had the problem of "could not get the last child", which can only be solved by clearing up all the formatting in the original text. The trick that SDL Team provides doesn't work very well. Hopefully this bug can be solved very soon.

Frank Zou
China
Member (2016)
Chinese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No problem Nov 23, 2016

Ahmad AlKhatib wrote:

I had the same issue today as I was working on a large file. I got frustrated but then I read your post and did exactly the same and it worked out.

Thanks

eradicate wrote:

I'm glad it helped. I often encounter problems with Trados Studio 2015. We can help each other from time to time.

Christine Andersen
Christine Andersen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Member (2003)
Danish to English
+ ...
I had the same problem last week... Nov 23, 2016

There was an untranslatable section of graphics in the text, and after this the target file remained untranslated.
Strange, because there were several earlier sections of graphics, which were ignored by Trados, and so they caused no trouble.

As it was only a small section, I cut and pasted the text from Studio into the target file, but it took me extra time!

Andrew Ivanchenko

Pieter Bels
Pieter Bels  Identity Verified
Belgium
English to Dutch
+ ...
An other solution might be ... Feb 22, 2018

Obviously I had the same problem

Trados doens't work well with comments or track changes, so you might first check whether your source file has any of these. Eliminating the comments and accepting/rejecting all track changes should do the trick. Whenever you encounter a problem in Trados ... check this, it almost always gives trouble.

Hope this helps ...

Andrew Ivanchenko
Andrew Ivanchenko
Ukraine
Local time: 22:29
English to Russian
+ ...
That was really helpful, thank you very much. I managed to solve the same problem! May 14, 2019

Christine Andersen wrote:

There was an untranslatable section of graphics in the text, and after this the target file remained untranslated.
Strange, because there were several earlier sections of graphics, which were ignored by Trados, and so they caused no trouble.

As it was only a small section, I cut and pasted the text from Studio into the target file, but it took me extra time!

Kean Hall
Kean Hall
Italy
Member (2018)
Italian to English
had the same problem with graphics.... Jun 24, 2019

Christine Andersen wrote:

Had the same problem with Trados 2017...after the first graphic the finalised file was all in the source language. I had to delete all the graphics and run it back through as a new job & then finalise and add the graphics back in. Ultimately not too much extra work but nonetheless heart-stopping when you're on a tight deadline! Thankfully I came across this thread and managed to sort it out!

YAEL ROTBARD

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Only half of the translated file was exported in Trados 2015

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »