BeatriceRadi
BeatriceRadi
Italy
Local time: 19:16
English to Italian
+ ...
Jul 16, 2018

Hi everyone!

I have used Smartcat for quite a while for translation, but I have now been asked to carry on a post-editing project. I know Smartcat allows you to pre-translated your file by using MT, but I can't find a way to do it.

I've created a new project and under "advanced settings", I cannot select "machine translation" because it says "to use the pretranslation rules, enable 'Use Machine Translation' in the Settings". Does anyone know what that means/or how to f
... See more
Hi everyone!

I have used Smartcat for quite a while for translation, but I have now been asked to carry on a post-editing project. I know Smartcat allows you to pre-translated your file by using MT, but I can't find a way to do it.

I've created a new project and under "advanced settings", I cannot select "machine translation" because it says "to use the pretranslation rules, enable 'Use Machine Translation' in the Settings". Does anyone know what that means/or how to fix it?

Thanks a lot!
Collapse

Hee jung Cho

BeatriceRadi
BeatriceRadi
Italy
Local time: 19:16
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Anyone? Jul 26, 2018

?

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

How do I enable MT on Smartcat?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »