Need a non-disclosure agreement for freelance translators
Thread poster: Fabrice -
Fabrice -
Fabrice -
Local time: 07:02
English to French
+ ...
Jun 20, 2007

Where could I find a generic non-disclosure agreement for freelance translators?

Adil mansour
May Kahla

Dimitra Karamperi
Dimitra Karamperi  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 16:02
English to Greek
+ ...
General Sample Jun 21, 2007

Hi Fabrice,

I found one general sample among my files. To be honest, I do not remember from where exactly I have downloaded it. Of course, you can make any necessary changes to fit your needs.

Regards,
Dimitra

NON DISCLOSURE AGREEMENT

In connection with a proposed business relationship, ____________________ ("Company") has disclosed or may disclose to you business information, technical information and/or i
... See more
Hi Fabrice,

I found one general sample among my files. To be honest, I do not remember from where exactly I have downloaded it. Of course, you can make any necessary changes to fit your needs.

Regards,
Dimitra

NON DISCLOSURE AGREEMENT

In connection with a proposed business relationship, ____________________ ("Company") has disclosed or may disclose to you business information, technical information and/or ideas ("Proprietary Information").

In consideration of any disclosure and any negotiations concerning the proposed business relationship, you agree as follows:

1. You will hold in confidence and not possess or use (except to evaluate within the . . . . . . . . . the proposed business relationship) or disclose any Proprietary Information except information you can document that
(a) is in the public domain through no fault of yours,
(b) was properly known to you, without restriction, prior to disclosure by Company, or
(c) was properly disclosed to you by another person without restriction, and you will not reverse engineer or attempt to derive the composition or underlying information, structure or ideas of any Proprietary Information.
The foregoing does not grant you a license in or to any of the Proprietary Information.

2. If you decide not to proceed with the proposed business relationship or if asked by Company, you will promptly return all Proprietary Information and all copies, extracts and other objects or items in which it may be contained or embodied.

3. You will promptly notify Company of any unauthorized release of Proprietary Information.

4. You understand that this statement does not obligate Company to disclose any information or negotiate or enter into any agreement or relationship.

5. You acknowledge and agree that due to the unique nature of the Proprietary Information, any breach of this agreement would cause irrepairable harm to Company for which damages are not an adequate remedy and that Company shall therefore be entitled to equitable relief in addition to all other remedies available at law.

6. The terms of this Agreement will remain in effect with respect to any particular Proprietary Information until you can document that it falls into one of the exceptions stated in Paragraph 1 above.

7. [This Agreement is governed by the internal laws of the State of and may be modified or waived only in writing. If any provision is found to be unenforceable, such provision will be limited or deleted to the minimum extent necessary so that the remaining terms remain in full force and effect. The prevailing party in any dispute or legal action regarding the subject matter of this Agreement shall be entitled to recover attorneys' fees and costs.]

Acknowledged and agreed on ___________________, _______: Name: ___________________________ (Print) By: _____________________________ (Signature)

Collapse

Cuauhtemoc Zepeda
David da Costa
eddie winata

Fabrice -
Fabrice -
Local time: 07:02
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Jun 21, 2007

Thanks a million Dimitra!

Octinur Alam
Octinur Alam  Identity Verified
Indonesia
Local time: 21:02
Member (2023)
English to Indonesian
+ ...
Thank You! Jan 18, 2014

Being such a stick-in-the-mud, I never needed an NDA until now. Thank you for asking for NDA samples here! Dimitra's version is very helpful for me as well.

Blessings to the both of you!

zoechuang (X)
zoechuang (X)
Taiwan
Local time: 22:02
English to Chinese
+ ...
Thanks! Feb 25, 2014

Though this post has been here for sometime, I want to thank Dimitra for providing it. Cheers!

Maya Rutledge
Maya Rutledge
United States
THANK YOU! Sep 16, 2020

I made an account just to be able to write THANK YOU here! This was very helpful, we appreciate you!

Vere Barzilai
Ariella Rahmadi

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Need a non-disclosure agreement for freelance translators

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »